quebec selection certificate

Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quebec selection certificate

The documents that the application for the Quebec selection certificate require have to be certified.
Does anyone know if a solicitor can certify education diplomas as well as birth certificates etc., or do I have to get the diplomas certified by the issuing universities?
Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: quebec selection certificate

To be honest I sent photocopies of all my documents and they accepted them...but then I got called for an interview so perhaps it would have been waived if I had sent official copies?

On that note I'd definitely send in 'official' copies but yes no need to get them notarised just get a solicitor to certify the documents. Also for the birth certificate you can order an 'official' copy from GRO for about £12

Last edited by andy85; Nov 28th 2011 at 7:18 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:07 pm
Banned

helenxsteel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I'll try just sending in photocopies of university diplomas, as it's going to take so long to get official transcripts from different universities (my husband's have to be done as well). But if they're going to ask for originals at the interview maybe a photocopy is good enough.

On the other hand I really don't want to risk having the applications sent back.
That would delay things even more.

They are also asking for work certificates - not sure what they mean by this?
A P60 for each of the last five years?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenxsteel
Thanks for the reply.
Multiple usernames are not permitted as per site rules, so please let me know whether you'd like to keep your 'helenxsteel' account, or your 'madisonavenue' account, and we'll get rid of the other one.

If you have a genuine reason for two accounts (i.e. you are a couple sharing the same computer) then please let me know so we can add you to the multiple users list.

Thx.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:25 pm
Banned

helenxsteel is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry

i'll keep the madisonavenue account. You can delete the other one.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

sorry

i'll keep the madisonavenue account. You can delete the other one.
OK, done.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I'll try just sending in photocopies of university diplomas, as it's going to take so long to get official transcripts from different universities (my husband's have to be done as well). But if they're going to ask for originals at the interview maybe a photocopy is good enough.

On the other hand I really don't want to risk having the applications sent back.

Having submitted only last year myself I can tell you you'll be fine with solicitors certified copies of all your documents.

I took a bit of a naive risk in sending photocopies (I mis-interpreted what they meant by copies, believing that I'd have an interview anyway - I now know not everyone does hence why I wonder if they may have waived it had I sent a better application).

However, the University sealed transcripts/copies of degree certificate etc only really applies for the federal skilled worker application where I believe they are a bit stricter because most people won't be interviewed at the 'eligibility' assessment so they 'pass' you on your application alone unlike Quebec (i.e interview).

With regards to the 'work certificates' these are basically references from your employers stating your work position, hours and what duties you do. When you work in France you get a 'Certificat de travail' when you leave which is essentially the same thing.

My advice is make sure you prove to them you will easily find work, have some French knowledge (if you don't show proof you are learning - i.e. you're doing an official course) and make sure you provide more than enough proof to show all your skills and they are much more likely to waive the interview.

I believe the interview is about allowing you to gain points and prove yourself more with your personal skills. I found the interview really hard so I would try and avoid it where possible! Other people I met in Quebec said they speak no French and found it easy but they submitted to different offices - it seems to differ.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

qverq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quebec immigration application for PR

anybody here can help me to send the application for Quebec PR.

is the IMM008 ? what about CSQ application.

I need help to guide me step by step how to start application for PR for Quebec.

are the fees application for Quebec different that for federal application?

thanks in advance
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

You can find a step by step guide here http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...ers/index.html

The application fees for Quebec are separate to the federal fees.

Good luck.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Sarah77 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply.

Hi there - really helpful all this stuff!
What is PRO though, for the birth certificates?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Sarah77 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andy85
To be honest I sent photocopies of all my documents and they accepted them...but then I got called for an interview so perhaps it would have been waived if I had sent official copies?

On that note I'd definitely send in 'official' copies but yes no need to get them notarised just get a solicitor to certify the documents. Also for the birth certificate you can order an 'official' copy from GRO for about £12
Hi - useful stuff, thanks! What is GRO though?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point

GRO is the General Register Office - you can order birth, marriage and death certificates from them.
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/