Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebec Investor Immigration questions

Wikiposts

Quebec Investor Immigration questions

Old Aug 20th 2010, 7:08 am
Just Joined

hyunjinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec Investor Immigration questions

Hello,
My parents are trying to immigrate to Quebec as a "investor", and if the Quebec government accepts them, I will be immigrating with them as their dependant child.

I have some concerns regarding the Quebec investor program.

My parents, my brother and I all are intending to settle in Quebec, and the reason why we want to apply for quebec immigration right now is because pretty soon the amount of investment will double up. However, despite the fact that we all want to settle in Quebec, we won't be able to live in Quebec for the next 3 years or so. It is mainly because both my brother and I go to University in Korea, not in Quebec. I looked up on the transfer option so that I can transfer to Mcgill, but because I am already entering 3rd year in my studies I won't be able to do it smoothly. But after those three years, once I graduate from my university, both my mom and I are interested in moving into Montreal to live and settle there. My dad and my brother will be trying to come to Montreal as best as they can, as well. Would this be okay, or do I have to start live somewhere in Quebec as soon as the PR visa is granted?

thanks...I am really looking for an advise

Last edited by hyunjinc; Aug 20th 2010 at 7:23 am.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 7:59 am
Just Joined

hyunjinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec Investor Immigration questions

any advise? please?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 8:35 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure about the implications of the Quebec Investors program. However, one you have been granted PR you have to live in Canada for at least two out of every five years. If you still have three years to study in Korea this could be a problem.

That said, I don't know how long these applications take to process. It could be that by the time you are awarded PR you will be much nearer your graduation date.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:14 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I'm presuming from your username that you're Korean.

You do realise that if you go straight to Canada after finishing your studies then you will still be due to do your national service in the eyes of the Korean government, assuming that you haven't already, and it could make going back to Korea difficult in the future if you don't do it.