Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long to wait for PR card to arrive?

How long to wait for PR card to arrive?

Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough
Default How long to wait for PR card to arrive?

We landed in Toronto on May 4th and gave the address of a relative for our PR cards as we couldn't make the full move this year. So far only my husband has received his PR card in mid June. We are now back in the UK - intend to make the move full time next year and wonder how long does it take for PR cards to arrive. Is it time for me to panic?

The number given to contact the Case Processing Centre at Sydney is for callers in side Canada. Which number do I ring to see if my card has been dispatched.

Have read somewhere that there is a problem with the photo scanning machinery - hope it wasn't my photo that caused the porblem!!!!

Many thanks
Old Aug 9th 2010, 10:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to wait for PR card to arrive?

Hi

Originally Posted by voyce100
We landed in Toronto on May 4th and gave the address of a relative for our PR cards as we couldn't make the full move this year. So far only my husband has received his PR card in mid June. We are now back in the UK - intend to make the move full time next year and wonder how long does it take for PR cards to arrive. Is it time for me to panic?

The number given to contact the Case Processing Centre at Sydney is for callers in side Canada. Which number do I ring to see if my card has been dispatched.

Have read somewhere that there is a problem with the photo scanning machinery - hope it wasn't my photo that caused the porblem!!!!

Many thanks
To contact the call centre during working hours from outside Canada.

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Old Aug 10th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

I have posted the link in another thread, so don't want to repeat myself - but it would seem staffing problems at CIC in Sydney are the main cause of delays at the moment, so I wouldn't be too worried
Good luck if you phone them - we phoned today to try and sort out why our citizenship applications have been sent to Moncton and not Halifax, where we live. Needless to say, after the call we are still none the wiser
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
That's a good number to know. I tried other number, but was always, can't call from outside Canada. Thanks for that PMM.

Ray
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Many thanks
I have just talked to a CIC agent. I landed in the last week of June and I was told that I can expect to receive my PR card in the first week of Sept. She said it takes about 45 days, not from the date of my landing but from the date they created my address label, which was almost 4 wks later.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Thank you all for the information. Thanks to PMM for the number it is useful to know.

My relative in Canada has just got my envelop and it's a red one!!!!! She's had a feel and no card inside. I'm waiting for her to get back to me with the contents...... hope my photo didn't break the scanner ; )
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

It seems a common re occurrence with PR cards.

If the photos are done in Canada, then it appears that the photo problem is rare.

However, due to the different specifications that different Countries require for their immigration photos, pictures that are taken outside of Canada, do seem to have more of a problem. Even a tenth of a mm out of spec can upset the scanner. Plus, the handling of the photos can cause problems too.

Nearly every piece of Government issued ID, has recently changed, including the driving licenses. They all have this hologram of your photo on them with some kind of info embedded into it. This appears to be the major problem with the hold up of PR cards.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

vash2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Voyce,have you received your PR card as yet?
I received a letter today informing me that my Photo was not suitable due to a glasses glare (my family received their PRcards since June) and i need to present myself within 6 months for a new photo.
I am currently in the UK till next year July when i migrate fully,so how i am going to present myself for a new photo..i don't know.

If you haven't received it yet, keep trying to call.
and if anyone has a solution to my dilema, i welcome it, since i myself cannot get through to canada by phone.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vash2009
I received a letter today informing me that my Photo was not suitable due to a glasses glare (my family received their PRcards since June) and i need to present myself within 6 months for a new photo.
I am currently in the UK till next year July when i migrate fully,so how i am going to present myself for a new photo..i don't know.

and if anyone has a solution to my dilema, i welcome it, since i myself cannot get through to canada by phone.
My PR card has finally arrived today, 54 days from the date of my landing.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
My PR card has finally arrived today, 54 days from the date of my landing.
We landed on the 26th June, and are now back in the UK, until we move permanently in Oct this year, my husband and daughters cards arrived yesterday, no sign of mine as yet....Is is common for them to be sent separately?
Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ducktastic
We landed on the 26th June, and are now back in the UK, until we move permanently in Oct this year, my husband and daughters cards arrived yesterday, no sign of mine as yet....Is is common for them to be sent separately?
Cheers
Married PRs with children can answer your question. I'm single.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

vash2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ducktastic-all family members cards should arrive together.Follow up with them.I experienced the same circumstances,and when i called, mines was held up due to the photo not meeting specifications.
Call them
Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vash2009

No PR card yet for me Vash - I got a red letter: 180 days to present at office in Toronto. They didn't say what was wrong with my photo but I think my head was too big by a fraction of a mm. We too are not going to move until 2011 but I'm hoping to get back before Christmas with an armful of mugshots to sort my PR card. Currently, going through coats, searching down the backs of sofa etc for cash.