Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for the CEC Visa working as an Collection Agent

Qualifying for the CEC Visa working as an Collection Agent

Old Jul 12th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough
Default Qualifying for the CEC Visa working as an Collection Agent

Just curious I'm on the CIC website and finding out whether my job qualifies me for the Canadian Experience Class visa.

I have noticed on the Skill B class under the category - Major Group 12 (1228 Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers)...there is a job for collection agent (Government Services) and collection Agent (Taxation). I was wondering whether working for Bank of America as an Collection Agent would qualify me for CEC. Any useful info would be fantastic.

Steve

Last edited by Stephen47; Jul 12th 2013 at 4:46 am.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying for the CEC Visa working as an Collection Agent

Originally Posted by Stephen47
Just curious I'm on the CIC website and finding out whether my job qualifies me for the Canadian Experience Class visa.

I have noticed on the Skill B class under the category - Major Group 12 (1228 Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers)...there is a job for collection agent (Government Services) and collection Agent (Taxation). I was wondering whether working for Bank of America as an Collection Agent would qualify me for CEC. Any useful info would be fantastic.

Steve
I think it more likely that you are NOC 1435 - Group C

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1=1435&val65=*

Collectors collect payments on overdue accounts and bad cheques and locate debtors to make collection arrangements. They are employed by collection agencies, utility companies, department stores, loan companies, banks and credit unions, and by financial and licensing departments within governments.

Have you looked into PNP? Whilst it's doubtful you would qualify for Ontario PNP (it's one of the hardest to get), there are many other Provinces that you could look into. Would you be able to get a transfer (permanent full time job offer) through Bank of America to another Province, if necessary?

Sorry I couldn't give better news.

Old Jul 12th 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by siouxie
I think it more likely that you are NOC 1435 - Group C

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1=1435&val65=*

Collectors collect payments on overdue accounts and bad cheques and locate debtors to make collection arrangements. They are employed by collection agencies, utility companies, department stores, loan companies, banks and credit unions, and by financial and licensing departments within governments.

Have you looked into PNP? Whilst it's doubtful you would qualify for Ontario PNP (it's one of the hardest to get), there are many other Provinces that you could look into. Would you be able to get a transfer (permanent full time job offer) through Bank of America to another Province, if necessary?

Sorry I couldn't give better news.

I kinda gathered it wouldn't qualify for the CEC visa so I thought i'd ask. I'm trying to seek a position as an Administative Assistant and I do see that position would qualify me. If I were to get this position through an agency and the position is for say 3 months then end the temp role, but then find another job of the same responsibilities then work another 9 moneths it should be OK? I heard if it makes 12 months but split by 2 jobs then you're fine. Is this true?
Old Jul 12th 2013, 4:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen47
I kinda gathered it wouldn't qualify for the CEC visa so I thought i'd ask. I'm trying to seek a position as an Administative Assistant and I do see that position would qualify me. If I were to get this position through an agency and the position is for say 3 months then end the temp role, but then find another job of the same responsibilities then work another 9 moneths it should be OK? I heard if it makes 12 months but split by 2 jobs then you're fine. Is this true?
The best thing to do is to read the CIC directions for this class and also read the manual to determine what is required.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../op25A-eng.pdf