Qualifications

Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

karenb73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualifications

Hi

We have been asked to send in our documents as the Canadian Embassy are ready to process our application. One of the things they have asked for is copies of our qualifications, I've got a degree and my husband has a degree and Masters. The question is whether they would want to see our Secondary education qualifications as well or would our Degrees supersede anything we've done before. (It was not stipulated in the letter sent to us).
Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Qualifications

Originally Posted by karenb73
Hi

We have been asked to send in our documents as the Canadian Embassy are ready to process our application. One of the things they have asked for is copies of our qualifications, I've got a degree and my husband has a degree and Masters. The question is whether they would want to see our Secondary education qualifications as well or would our Degrees supersede anything we've done before. (It was not stipulated in the letter sent to us).
Thanks.
Not sure myself 100% on this but as most assessments I have filled out recently have asked for the highest level of Qualification I have so I would go with that. Mind you I'm sure someone wiser than me on here knows for sure
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

ottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the rough

According to the London Office visa guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf they require post secondary certificates.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

should be post secondary, agreed

but i'll be sending O and A certs (copies) so there'll be prrof of my school dates just in case, plus I'm adding some rubbish about speaking french up to O level in my substituted evaluation insurance policy letter
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ottawaharvey
According to the London Office visa guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf they require post secondary certificates.
Thanks, link is very helpful.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mags1972
Not sure myself 100% on this but as most assessments I have filled out recently have asked for the highest level of Qualification I have so I would go with that. Mind you I'm sure someone wiser than me on here knows for sure
Thanks, I just want to make sure I send everything
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

Hi we are the same 90 day letter .. My OH only has his slip saying his O level results not certificates so we are sending just that in .... Plus obviosly all other post certs ,,
Good luck Juliex
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nextphase
Hi we are the same 90 day letter .. My OH only has his slip saying his O level results not certificates so we are sending just that in .... Plus obviosly all other post certs ,,
Good luck Juliex
Thanks, good luck to you as well.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

Hi Its such a strange feeling knowing that its taken 2 yrs to wait for this stage .. Printed off police checks and all ready to send in lol .. Our letter only arrived fri , It certainly kick starts you ..
Good luck
Julie
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

The London office guidance only asks for certificates etc for post-secondary school qualifications, so I was planning to include details for my degree and my partners diploma, but not our GCSEs or A levels.

Hope that's okay.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Agreed they don't need secondary qualifications, but wouldn't these prove the claim for points for years spent in full time education? I was about to send off for A level replacement cert but would rather not pay £30+ unless necessary.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Agreed they don't need secondary qualifications, but wouldn't these prove the claim for points for years spent in full time education? I was about to send off for A level replacement cert but would rather not pay £30+ unless necessary.
Maybe. I assumed that if you could prove that you went to Uni at 18, then you wouldn't need to prove you attended school up to that age, so you could count years from the age of 5 to 21 or whenever you graduated.

I guess if you left school at 18, then A level certificates would be very useful to prove years in education.

Out of interest, I assume that full time education in the UK starts at 5, though I'm sure my parents shoved me in before this. Does everybody else start counting their years in education at 5 or at 4 (or 3, or 6)?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

I think you count from the school year in which you were five for state schools?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

yes, not to worry, CIC are well aware of the UK education system, there's a massive reference document that they use (it's available online somewhere in the CIC links about studying in Canada) to make comparisons between Canada and UK for all levels and types of education

they are therefore aware that UK has six years primary and five years secondary (plus optional two years of sixth form to get university admission qualifications) that makes 13 years in all. I understand in Canada there are only 12 years of pre university education.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

I've decided to include copies of my O level and A levels as I didn't go straight to Uni after school. I did nurse training and then I did my degree in my 30's. I'm using the certs to show I stayed on at school till I was 18 and also cos I have them all. Hubby can't find his (can't find his keys, wallet or glasses either and only finds his way home each day thanks to GPS!!!) but he went straight to Uni to study medicine so hopefully that will be enough...I'm the principal applicant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.