Qualification transcripts

Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:18 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qualification transcripts

Hello

For anyone who has either just had or is waiting for their 120 day letter, if you haven't already started applying for these it might be worth starting.

I'm getting estimates of 3 weeks plus for some of mine, which given post backlog & then Xmas.....

Also, found some certificates have 'been' disappeared from my 'filing' system of old musty envelopes - expensive mistake

Bali

Last edited by Bali2010; Nov 9th 2009 at 9:20 am.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qualification transcripts

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Hello

For anyone who has either just had or is waiting for their 120 day letter, if you haven't already started applying for these it might be worth starting.

I'm getting estimates of 3 weeks plus for some of mine, which given post backlog & then Xmas.....

Also, found some certificates have 'been' disappeared from my 'filing' system of old musty envelopes - expensive mistake

Bali
Thank you Bali,

Get my qualifications transcripts together, and other info.

Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:24 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

expensive mistake
Now very expensive, after re-ordering online at Liverpool John Moores, I then got an email to say I had been charged £50 to the MC already, but would actually need to get the application form notarised before they would send out the certificate

If only I had been more organised yrs ago before the house move

Hope no-one else going through this!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

Now very expensive, after re-ordering online at Liverpool John Moores, I then got an email to say I had been charged £50 to the MC already, but would actually need to get the application form notarised before they would send out the certificate

If only I had been more organised yrs ago before the house move

Hope no-one else going through this!
lol, i phoned up bath uni, the transcripts were here on my doorstep the next day free of charge in sealed envelopes.

did the same for bristol uni, "yes we can do that sir but it will be £30!"

bib
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Bibendum
lol, i phoned up bath uni, the transcripts were here on my doorstep the next day free of charge in sealed envelopes.

did the same for bristol uni, "yes we can do that sir but it will be £30!"

bib
Should have gone to Bath!

in price order least expensive to most:
  • Newcastle Uni
  • Kent Uni
  • Leeds Uni
  • Liverpool JM
Bristol is, at £30 for a transcript, worse again though..

so not happy - but it was the way LJM took the £50 & then said nothing will happen until a notorised application form is in their hands - another £75!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

These uni transcripts, are they the original degree cert itself? I have my original copy anyway, or do i need to contact the uni i attended and request a original copy

Cheers
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by rschatha
Hi guys,

These uni transcripts, are they the original degree cert itself? I have my original copy anyway, or do i need to contact the uni i attended and request a original copy

Cheers
Hello

The one I am enjoying bleating about the excessive cost of is a replacement certificate @ £50.

However, yes we do need transcripts even if we have the certificates - for me ranging from £12 to £25. These are to give the course & marks, dates of being a student etc.
The instructions are to get them in a university sealed envelope - presumably so they are proven to have no tampering.

Hope this helps
Bali

p.s. added the visa office specific instructions link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Last edited by Bali2010; Nov 12th 2009 at 8:02 am. Reason: added link
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Hello

The one I am enjoying bleating about the excessive cost of is a replacement certificate @ £50.

However, yes we do need transcripts even if we have the certificates - for me ranging from £12 to £25. These are to give the course & marks, dates of being a student etc.
The instructions are to get them in a university sealed envelope - presumably so they are proven to have no tampering.

Hope this helps
Bali

p.s. added the visa office specific instructions link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf
Hi Bali

Is a transcript the Diploma supplement?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi Bali

Is a transcript the Diploma supplement?
On diplomas, its sometimes on the back of the certificate. Looking through the visa specific guidelines it does not mention transcripts for non university qualifications.

bib
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bibendum
On diplomas, its sometimes on the back of the certificate. Looking through the visa specific guidelines it does not mention transcripts for non university qualifications.

bib
My OH has an MBA from the Open University, has recieved a diploma supplement through mail and will get his degree at the graduation ceremony I presumeceremony