Qual QUESTIONS??!

Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

flashingblade is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Qual QUESTIONS??!

Hi e/body,

My family and i have recently returned from visiting relatives and are toying with the idea of applying to move out. Your advice is needed to work out if our dream could come true!?

My NOC code is 7332 with 3/4 exp, i have an BTEC HNC elec engineering and City&Guilds in elec Servicing also my wife has GNVQ Level 3 in Teaching Assistant.

Our relatives are cousins to my wife and have PR after being in Canada for 2 years.

I recently found out i can transfer within the company i work for.

My questions are.....what are our chances and does anybody know what are our qualificiations equivalent to (or recognised?) on the application form?

Thanks

FB

PS...HELP DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START???!!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Qual QUESTIONS??!

Originally Posted by flashingblade
Hi e/body,

My family and i have recently returned from visiting relatives and are toying with the idea of applying to move out. Your advice is needed to work out if our dream could come true!?

My NOC code is 7332 with 3/4 exp, i have an BTEC HNC elec engineering and City&Guilds in elec Servicing also my wife has GNVQ Level 3 in Teaching Assistant.

Our relatives are cousins to my wife and have PR after being in Canada for 2 years.

I recently found out i can transfer within the company i work for.

My questions are.....what are our chances and does anybody know what are our qualificiations equivalent to (or recognised?) on the application form?

Thanks

FB

PS...HELP DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START???!!!

Simple answer to the last bit - start reading the Wiki (top of page) and be prepared for hours and hours to pass while you absorb all the info on it! It's the absolute best place as it's got load of info and should tell you all you need to know about the immigration process.

You're obviously considering the skilled worker route for immigration as you're asking about your education but I'm afraid I don't know how many points that would get you - have you done the test on the CIC website?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp if not. Bear in mind that the processing times for that is 5 years + though and apparently likely to rise so it's a long old road.

Your wife's cousins wouldn't be able to sponsor you as far as I'm aware, and I don't think that you would get extra points for having them either as I'm pretty sure that cousins don't count for anything.

It sounds to me as if your best bet is to explore the route of transferring via your work. I've no idea what's involved with that but it sounds like your best and quickest option - again, have a read of the Wiki and I'm sure there's something on there about it!

Grab a cuppa and start reading and then you'll be much more clued up about the whole process. Best of luck and welcome.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qual QUESTIONS??!

Have a look at a thread a little bit further down called '2 easy questions' by stew-b (sorry, no idea how to do clever links!).

It's got answers from our resident immigration expert Andrew about similar issues. He says the following about inter company transfers:

"Also I don't see intra-company transfer possibility here - you must be on senior management level or with unique skills company can't find in Canada (quite difficult though)."

Would you qualify for that i.e. senior management/unique skills? He also covers the NOC code issue too.

Anyway, have a read and take it all in. Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 15th 2008 at 7:17 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

flashingblade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qual QUESTIONS??!

Thanks for prompt reply I have already started to plough through the Wiki and will read the post you mention..... Thanks again