Puzzled?????

Old Oct 12th 2001, 8:55 pm
Mark

I have read through most of the posts on this board and I have a Question - I live in
the UK, my girlfriend and I would very much like to live in Canada - here's the
question: If I have a job offer from a Canadian employer do I have to then start the
process for a PR visa in the usual way or is this different circumstances??? surely
if you have to wait x number of months for your visa this then limits the chance of
your job offer still standing.

Thanks in advance

Mark + Jane Yorkshire UK

Old Oct 12th 2001, 9:30 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

Processing times for Canadian permanent residency can take up to one year or more.

Further, if you wish to get points for "arranged employment" your potential employer
in Canada must obtain a job validation from Human Resources Canada, this process in
of itself can take a couple of months.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
Question -
    >
    >
    >
circumstances???
    >
limits
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 12th 2001, 9:31 pm
Andrew Miller

You don't need a job offer to start the immigration process, but such process for UK
citizens may take anywhere from 6 to 12+ months to conclude. If you have a job offer
and your potential employer is eager to hire you then you don't need to start
immigration process - first you may apply for Employment Authorization after your
employer obtains job offer validation from HRDC (certain IT occupations don't require
individual job offer validations). After you start working in Canada you may submit
your immigration application to Buffalo.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

[usenetquote2]> > I have read through most of the posts on this board and I have a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I live in the UK, my girlfriend and I would very much like to live in Canada -[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > here's the question: If I have a job offer from a Canadian employer do I have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > then start the process for a PR visa in the usual way or is this different[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > surely if you have to wait x number of months for your visa this then[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > the chance of your job offer still standing.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks in advance[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Mark + Jane Yorkshire UK[/usenetquote2]