PRs sponsoring 1mth old child

Old Nov 8th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future
Default PRs sponsoring 1mth old child

Sorry to asked my question here but I didn't want to start a new thread. Pls, what happens if you landed and received your PR cards ( 2005)then left Canada and about to return in Dec 2008 but you have a one month old baby, ( not planned) how do you come in with the baby , who do you contact about the new addition. I know they should have had the baby in Canada but the baby came early.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:37 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residence Card

Originally Posted by calgarylady
Sorry to asked my question here but I didn't want to start a new thread. Pls, what happens if you landed and received your PR cards ( 2005)then left Canada and about to return in Dec 2008 but you have a one month old baby, ( not planned) how do you come in with the baby , who do you contact about the new addition. I know they should have had the baby in Canada but the baby came early.
One of the people who is both the baby's parent and a PR of Canada has to sponsor the baby's PR application.

If the parents still are living outside of Canada at the time of the application, they have to send the application package to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario.

There are two stages to the application. First the sponsor has to apply for authorization to sponsor. That is the part of the application that CPC Mississauga processes.

The second part of the application package is the baby's application for PR. If the application from the sponsor has been approved, CPC Mississauga forwards to the relevant overseas visa office the baby's application for PR. For example, in the case of a baby who is a British citizen, the application in most cases would go to the Canadian High Commission (CHC) in London, UK.

When immigration officials in London have done the preliminary processing of the baby's PR application, they will send a request that the baby be taken for an immigration medical exam. If the baby passes the immigration medical, his/her PR application will be approved.

Sponsorship packages that are submitted from inside Canada are not sent to CPC Mississauga but to the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta instead.

If the baby is a British citizen, he/she does not need a temporary residence visa (visitor's visa) in order to visit Canada. Even if the baby's PR application has not been processed, the parents could take the baby to Canada, and the immigration officer at the port of entry almost certainly will allow the baby to remain in Canada for six months.

If the baby's PR visa still has not come through after five months of the baby's being in Canada, the parents must apply for an extension of the baby's right to remain in Canada as a visitor. The application for an extension must be sent to CPC Vegreville. An extension usually will be granted for another six months. In the period during which the baby is waiting to hear back from Vegreville, he/she has what is called implied authorization to remain in Canada.

Here is the relevant page of CIC's website.
x
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If the parents still are living outside of Canada at the time of the application, they have to send the application package to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario.
I think PRs can only sponsor from inside Canada - does one of the PR parents not need to be in Canada to start the process of sponsoring the child?

Calgarylady, questions like this are really better in their own thread, and in the immigration forum. I'm splitting your question off from this thread as it's really nothing to do with PR cards.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:08 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I think PRs can only sponsor from inside Canada - does one of the PR parents not need to be in Canada to start the process of sponsoring the child?
Oh yes, that's right. Thanks for the heads up, Biiiiink.
x