Provincial Nominee Program

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

fatpantsss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provincial Nominee Program

hi,
im trying to look at all avenues of working in Canada asap,
im a qualified joiner nvq2, and 7 years site experience.

ok some questions a bought this pnp, once a state has approved it.
can i apply for twp while my pnp and pr is going through cic?
and will i need a lmo? as i have applied for a pnp.

also if i lose my job for some unknown reason, whilst on a pnp will i have to leave Canada? or can i apply to a other company? and if so how much time am i granted to find another job? will i have to re-apply for pnp? and pr?

once granted pr under the pnp, is the pr only valid for that state applied in?
can you leave the company you got the pnp with once your pr is granted, or will they take the pr away?

i have done a lot of research on it but there don't seem to be much clarification on these subjects,

if some one could answer these great, or a link which can answer my concerns would be much appreciated.

thanks to everyone in advance
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:10 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Provincial Nominee Program

Originally Posted by fatpantsss
hi,

also if i lose my job for some unknown reason, whilst on a pnp will i have to leave Canada? or can i apply to a other company? and if so how much time am i granted to find another job? will i have to re-apply for pnp? and pr?

can you leave the company you got the pnp with once your pr is granted, or will they take the pr away?

i have done a lot of research on it but there don't seem to be much clarification on these subjects,

if some one could answer these great, or a link which can answer my concerns would be much appreciated.

If you have done so much research you will know that there are no "states" in Canada ! There are Provinces and Territories. That's why it's call the Provincial Nominee Program.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

Generally the route is:

a. Find and be offered a job.
b. Employer applies for LMO. (If succesful go to c).
c. You apply for TWP at Port Of Entry or London.
d. Apply for PNP. (If succesful go to e).
e. Apply for PR.

Disclaimer: This has been our route, other routes are available .

If you gain PR then you can move about Canada as you please.

I'm sure other posters will be along soon to clarify the rest of your queries.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 2:24 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GC44
Generally the route is:

b. Employer applies for LMO. (If succesful go to c).
c. You apply for TWP at Port Of Entry or London.
d. Apply for PNP. (If succesful go to e).
e. Apply for PR.

Disclaimer: This has been our route, other routes are available .

If you gain PR then you can move about Canada as you please.

I'm sure other posters will be along soon to clarify the rest of your queries.
In BC, in addition to the above, it can be:

b. Employer and immigrant jointly apply for nomination by the PNP office. (If succesful go to c).
c. You apply for TWP at Port Of Entry or London using the letter of nomination instead of an LMO.
d. Start working.
e. Apply for PR.

To the OP, PNP nomination leads to PR in a relatively short time - about a year. Before you get PR you are in Canada on a TWP and are therefore tied to the employer stated on the TWP. Of course, things can go wrong and it is possible to change employers if you find another willing to restart the PNP process. However, if the employer is fair to you, you have a moral obligation to continue working for the employer on a permanent basis, even after you receive PR.

Once you have PR you have the legal right to work anywhere in Canada. If you gain PR by PNP you are expected to make a reasonable effort to settle in the nominating province.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks all for replys,

whats is op?
also yes i would stay for employer indefently if the opurtunity arrises, but im realistic that it dosent always work out for some reason or the other and i need to know what could happen if everything went pear shaped.

thanks all again.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks all for replys,

whats is op?
also yes i would stay for employer indefently if the opurtunity arrises, but im realistic that it dosent always work out for some reason or the other and i need to know what could happen if everything went pear shaped.

thanks all again.
OP on here means original poster
OP to me means Overseas Processing Manual
Google search each Provinces PNP Programme as they all differ in certain ways. BCPNP, AINP, MPNP, SPNP etc etc
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

emm its true abought each province, i checked ontario, and they seen to say that once you have been accepted on you pnp, you can then apply for a twp whilst the pr is going through with cic.

but alberta dont seem to want to tell me to much, but all i seem to get from thier site is that you have to wait for pr before you can move, which seems stupid as they need trades, emmm

ontario and alberta are my choices at the moment.

thanks again
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

You should have a good look in the wiki section here and check out AINP website for Alberta programs
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

hi everyone thanks for replys its been of much help,
hi brian , good idea check wiki , found a bit on pnp but cant seem to find anything detailed on alberta.

thanks