Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

prov. nom. perm. res. application London

prov. nom. perm. res. application London

Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

teenwolfofqmrc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default prov. nom. perm. res. application London

Can someone give me an indiction of the timeline for provincial nom. perm. residency application.

I sent my application to the high comm. at the beginning of March. How long before meds and then how long for the res. to be issued?

I am form the UK and my wife from Mexico, no kids.

Regards in advance.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice
Default Re: prov. nom. perm. res. application London

Have just sent our passports off so we expect another 4/6 weeks before they return. At that point it will have taken us approx 10 months from submitting to the province to getting the PR.

FYI: Sent to London as UK citizen but living in NS.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:26 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on the Province the provincial processing is normally 3-4 months and then federal processing (at London) 5-6 months
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

from receipt at chc to date of med requests letter was around 4 weeks (I have excluded the holiday perioed from this)

I really believe it also depends on which province I have no evidence that CHC divide applications into provinces but it does seem that Nova Scotia is by far the quickest .

huge luck and special luck at meds in my experience the absolute worst part of the whole process!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chumley
from receipt at chc to date of med requests letter was around 4 weeks (I have excluded the holiday perioed from this)

I really believe it also depends on which province I have no evidence that CHC divide applications into provinces but it does seem that Nova Scotia is by far the quickest .

huge luck and special luck at meds in my experience the absolute worst part of the whole process!!
has anyone received confirmation of pr applicationand/or file number? or is this not normal practice? regards. Why is it so hard to liaise with any immigration personnel, uk and Canada are so untouchable!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lewis james
has anyone received confirmation of pr applicationand/or file number? or is this not normal practice? regards. Why is it so hard to liaise with any immigration personnel, uk and Canada are so untouchable!!
one way is to get your bank to get a copy of your cashed draft on the back will be your file number starting with a B

which province are you?

actual time for starting processing to med request date on letter was 10 days

howver your wife being from mexico could well delay things slightly depending on how much evidence you sent ( ie the speed and evidence provided for background checking)
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

cheers i will call the bank tomorrow.

we are moving to calgary, alberta.

we hopefully had everything, will we ticked all the boxes on the application. (mex and uk police check, wedding cert, birth cert, uni cert etc, so figers crossed!)

cheers chum, you're a wealth of knowledge!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We did not receive an AOR or file number from London as a PNP application for PR, the first we heard was about 4/5 weeks with the med requests

Our total processing was 3 mths for province and just under 4 mths for London

Good luck