proof we plan to return home

Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Perpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond repute
Default proof we plan to return home

Hi all, another question from me about my student visa application and my husband's subsequent work permit.

Part of the process requires us to give some kind of evidence to show our intention to return home once my study is complete. The CIC website suggests a return ticket booking, proof of a medical appointment (??) or a travel itinerary showing, I presume, a booking to travel elsewhere. My question is, does anyone know if we can provide something else to satisfy this requirement? The return ticket is a) expensive, and b) crazy because the longest you can book for is 12 months from the booking date which would be before my study is complete anyway. I was told a return ticket is not a requirement for granting a study permit, okay fine, but what else can I provide to demonstrate that intention to leave Canada upon completion of the degree?

So confused! Anyone have any advice or able to clarify? Thanks!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof we plan to return home

Originally Posted by Perpetual
The return ticket is a) expensive, and b) crazy because the longest you can book for is 12 months from the booking date which would be before my study is complete anyway.
I thought an open return had been mentioned to you on a previous post? That would solve that instantly, and as the name implies, the return date is open, so is acceptable to CIC.

But if not, then are you renting your house out? That would also work as proof if you can show that tie. Are you both giving up jobs, or just taking a leave of absence?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, thanks, an open return was suggested, but as far as I'm aware that has to be used within a year. Or am I getting confused again? And doesn't it have to show a date? I just wonder how something open-ended can serve as proof.

I don't work and my husband can't get leave for that long so no, no we can't use that. And we don't own property. Hmm. I am beginning to see how the ticket is the best option as proof!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 9:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Buy 2 one way tickets - London>Canada and Canada>London?