Proof of Relationship in Canada

Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

dcliff99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Proof of Relationship in Canada

i!

Just like to ask if it will do good on our application if we will declare that the uncle of my spouse is also a citizen of Canada? I have previously declare my brother as a citizen there also.

If yes, what documents should I need to submit and form to fill out?

Please advise. Thanks.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:25 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of Relationship in Canada

In order to be awarded points for relative such must be either Canadian citizen or PR living permanently in Canada - and you must not only prove the relationship (by set of birth certificates) but also fact that claimed relative lives in Canada (utility bills, etc.).
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
In order to be awarded points for relative such must be either Canadian citizen or PR living permanently in Canada - and you must not only prove the relationship (by set of birth certificates) but also fact that claimed relative lives in Canada (utility bills, etc.).
Hi Andrew..

Thanks for yur response. Will it award us more addiional points aside from the points awarded to me for my brother who is already a citizen and has been declared on my application when I pass this a number of years before.

thanks again....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by dcliff99
Hi Andrew..

Thanks for yur response. Will it award us more addiional points aside from the points awarded to me for my brother who is already a citizen and has been declared on my application when I pass this a number of years before.

thanks again....
Nope, maximum of 5 points for relative in Canada.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Nope, maximum of 5 points for relative in Canada.
Hi!

Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:04 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

When I was doing my application i had a problem in this section. My Aunt who was born in india but is a citizon of canada and lived there for a long time did not have her birth certificate and could not find it. She also could not find her marrige certifiate which would have shown her parents and my dads parents name on it which would prove she was related to me. i ended up just giving copies of her passport, canadian health card and some investment statement which was not a bank statement.

Was worried would not get any points for this section. I guess if what you are claiming is 100 true they do research and if its true and you provide some evidence you got a chance. I agree with andrew but I can only say what happened in my case and I know I got given 5 points in this section even without a birth cert or marriage cert for my Aunt.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

shri_ram is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
When I was doing my application i had a problem in this section. My Aunt who was born in india but is a citizon of canada and lived there for a long time did not have her birth certificate and could not find it. She also could not find her marrige certifiate which would have shown her parents and my dads parents name on it which would prove she was related to me. i ended up just giving copies of her passport, canadian health card and some investment statement which was not a bank statement.

Was worried would not get any points for this section. I guess if what you are claiming is 100 true they do research and if its true and you provide some evidence you got a chance. I agree with andrew but I can only say what happened in my case and I know I got given 5 points in this section even without a birth cert or marriage cert for my Aunt.
My Niece is living in canada.
I provided birth certificates for my Niece and also her father.
Then i provided one credit card statement and few utility bills.
No questions asked thereafter from CIC.
Hope this helps