Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of Language for Canadian Citizenship Application

Wikiposts

Proof of Language for Canadian Citizenship Application

Old Mar 11th 2016, 1:15 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Language for Canadian Citizenship Application

Originally Posted by Snowy560
SP: what proof did you send after this? What worked?

S
They have not been interested in anything that we cared to send to them- confirmation from the University that they were verified transcripts, and done in English (no shit!)- they have never had the decency to reply personally to any letters that we have send them. We couldn't submit new stuff as the application was made before the changes in June. Appallingly dealt with IMO.
Old Mar 11th 2016, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess you wait till you meet the new physical presence requirements (which looks set to change at some stage again) ... if you haven't lost the will to reapply ...

S
Old Mar 11th 2016, 4:33 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
So I guess you wait till you meet the new physical presence requirements (which looks set to change at some stage again) ... if you haven't lost the will to reapply ...

S
You might see two very annoyed English pups on TV before then!
Old Mar 11th 2016, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

NavyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
As opposed to Full UK Medical School course transcripts which include all the requisite information as detailed on the CIC web site which apparently do not demonstrate adequate English skills for two UK trained British, English speaking physicians....... maybe I should have also included a letter from my nan
Hahah. I know what you mean and have heard similar stories. I was lucky to get my citizenship under the Canadian Armed Forces scheme so may be the red folder my docs were in work meant it was less rigorously reviewed. I was so certain I would get knocked back so included everything I could think.

Friends of ours on applying for their PR having been in country and wanting to be more permanent sailed through the process. Except Dad. He had to sit his High School Diploma thing at community college as he had no O levels or Al levels. As you can imagine we were very supportive in his time of need. On the fishing trips we diligent helped him with his revis,...... sorry can't lie. We took the xxxx day and night. We bought him kindergarten books so he could practise his writing, times table books and all manner of other great ideas.

He did pass. Thank god because I'm not sure I could have survived the amount of laughing that would have happened.

Last edited by NavyBoy; Mar 11th 2016 at 9:26 pm.