Proof of funds question

Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of funds question

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but couldn't find it. Do you need to provide proof of funds when you are going through the application/interview process, or just when you land?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:17 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of funds question

Both. Application without required and acceptable proof of funds will not be processed.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBear
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but couldn't find it. Do you need to provide proof of funds when you are going through the application/interview process, or just when you land?
Further to Andrew's response, do also note that when you apply you can provide proof of funds that are tied up i.e. equity in a house, but that when you land the funds have to be 'unencumbered' so need to basically be ready cash.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that...better start saving then, also better do a hedge against sterling, the CAN$ has fallen recently, doubt that will last long.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Another quickie on this subject. If you have a sudden large amount going into your account...ie.e help from parents, do they question this...or doesn't it matter, just as long as you have the money on arrival.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Another quickie on this subject. If you have a sudden large amount going into your account...ie.e help from parents, do they question this...or doesn't it matter, just as long as you have the money on arrival.
I am sure is as long as u have the cash..

good luck
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for that.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bflava
I am sure is as long as u have the cash..

good luck
Actually, it depends on whether the money is a gift or a loan. To have the money qualify as proof of funds, it needs to be your own (says 'you cannot borrow this money from another person') so if your parents are just lending you some then it won't count as proof of funds. But, if they are very kindly giving you a leaving gift that you don't have to pay back then you're fine!

Hope that helped.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Sometimes they ask to see 6 months of bank statement and if they see a sudden increase they may question it. But as said above, if its a gift you should be ok.

Ray
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

doomie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hii guys!

Quick question, not worth a thread on its own: do people with a CSQ need to show proof of funds when applying for PR? I'm going to send my application to the consulate in Buffalo and their checklist (Question 11, column Q) says that I should. The guide doesn't mention any specific numbers (just vague statements about the cost of life in Quebec) and I even went to the trouble of reading the Immigration Act and it says there that only those who go with the Federal route (no PNP or CSQ) need to show such proof.

Buffalo seems to be unique in this respect, other consulates' checklist do not require Quebec-selected applicants to show proof of funds.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Doomie

PS: Their email response was "the question in answered in the guide"
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by doomie
Hii guys!

Quick question, not worth a thread on its own: do people with a CSQ need to show proof of funds when applying for PR? I'm going to send my application to the consulate in Buffalo and their checklist (Question 11, column Q) says that I should. The guide doesn't mention any specific numbers (just vague statements about the cost of life in Quebec) and I even went to the trouble of reading the Immigration Act and it says there that only those who go with the Federal route (no PNP or CSQ) need to show such proof.

Buffalo seems to be unique in this respect, other consulates' checklist do not require Quebec-selected applicants to show proof of funds.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Doomie

PS: Their email response was "the question in answered in the guide"

I am assuming you applied to Quebec under the worker category. If so, yes you do need funds for that. See Quebec immigration website at:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...html#financial

Ray
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

doomie is an unknown quantity at this point

I passed the Quebec process already (I have a CSQ). There I just had to sign a paper saying that I have $2657.

The folks at Buffalo seem to want proof of $10,000 and they seem to be the only ones that want this proof for people with a CSQ. Moreover, it doesn't seem like it's them who should be concerned with checking my financials (according to the law), but Quebec.

What gives?

Last edited by doomie; Oct 21st 2008 at 2:55 pm.