proof of funds PR

Old Feb 14th 2015, 4:56 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of funds PR

Hi

Originally Posted by vanity
HELP!

I have the funds but in ONE month it dipped under the requirement by 100 dollars - is this a problem? Anyone please?
1. Unlikely to any problem.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 11:31 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Mm we haven't been asked to provide a specific amount anywhere or a reference- is this because husband has a job and already working? We can provide whatever it is they want but curious as we picked an arbitrary sum
Old Mar 9th 2015, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Mm we haven't been asked to provide a specific amount anywhere or a reference- is this because husband has a job and already working? We can provide whatever it is they want but curious as we picked an arbitrary sum
Tirytory, what did you submit for proof of funds?

I am in exactly the same situation as your husband for this.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

Dumb question here...why are you being asked for proof of funds?.....I thought your (tirytory) EE offer was based on an LMIA and job, do you need to provide proof of funds now, despite having a job?
Old Mar 9th 2015, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheroadoflife
Dumb question here...why are you being asked for proof of funds?.....I thought your (tirytory) EE offer was based on an LMIA and job, do you need to provide proof of funds now, despite having a job?
Because the section of the online application 'Your document checklist' where you upload the documents they ask for (despite apparently being bespoke and tailored to the individual applicant) asks for proof of funds.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

Okay now I'm really confused as shown here at:
Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

It says:

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the Low Income Cut-Off totals. If you filled out your Express Entry profile before January 27, 2015, you may have received correspondence that your profile has been reassessed. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

I read that as if you have a TWP and get offered full time employment and obtain an EE ITA you don't have to show proof of funds, are you guys applying under different streams?

(FSW etc)
Old Mar 9th 2015, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm a TFW applying for EE under Canadian Experience Class. Currently 'working in Canada'. With a 'valid offer of arranged employment'. In a few weeks I will also qualify as a Provincial Nominee (as I already had an existing application in process with BC PNP).

They STILL want the proof of funds...contrary to what their website says.

Last edited by withabix; Mar 9th 2015 at 7:22 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, I wasn't doubting what you guys are doing, just confused...and handy that anyone knows they need money in the bank to apply, thats all....thanks for clearing that up.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 10:34 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry peeps...been busy having a baby!

Withabix...I'm wondering what would have happened if you/we said no to proof of funds on initial EE profile? I wouldn't want to take that chance honestly but I'm curious. We picked an arbitrary figure we could prove which I've since found doing FSW application general search was enough for the now 5 of us but that information wasn't provided anywhere and I was still under impression proof of funds wasn't required.

Still now having said yes, we have collected bank accounts references/statements opened when we first arrived and funds deposited for previous six months.