Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of Funds with Job offer (LMO)

Wikiposts

Proof of Funds with Job offer (LMO)

Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Proof of Funds with Job offer (LMO)

Hi there!

I know these POF questions are a little annoying and I am sorry I am adding another one:

Has anyone had the following situation and received positive or negative response from CIC?

Applied for Skilled Worker in August 2008 with simplified forms. Stated 11k CDN Funds.

I never stated which FSW Class (1,2 or 3) I am applying for since this was not a question on the old forms.

In the meantime I moved to Canada, found a job, got an LMO and have a job offer that states that I will be employed indeterminely after issuance of PR.

I want to be processed as FSW Cat 2 so that I don't have to do the Proof of Funds.

I am planning to write a cover letter explaining that I want to be processed under Cat 2, including all the documents and also state that therefore a POF is not applicable.

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS?

Can I actually put an "N/A" in box # 10 "Amount of Funds" of Schedule 3 "Economic Classes - FSW"?

Thanks for your comments and ideas!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Proof of Funds with Job offer (LMO)

O.k. I just learned how to deal with the POF question.

Obviously I can fill in N/A in box 10 of the form and with "no further ado" they will accept this if I am attaching my LMO and notarized job offer from my employer.

What is now still on my mind is if "asking" for processing my FSW application under Cat 2 and not Cat 1 will work

Has anyone tried this?

I understand this is only relevant for applicants between Feb - Nov 2008 as this is the transitional period between old system and new system...

Anyone out there?