Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do I appeal to keep my Candian Permanent Residence Card

How do I appeal to keep my Candian Permanent Residence Card

Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

JBobson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I appeal to keep my Candian Permanent Residence Card

Hello all

We landed in ottawa on August 19, 2007. My wife and daughters (7 and 10 years old) stayed in Canada. I came back in Washington DC as I had to finish my MBA I started in Janaury 2007. I was working full time at the World Bank while studying. I have not yet found a job in Canada but I do go to see my family every month. If I don't move to Canada by December October 2010my PR card may be revoked. My wife and kids will be eligilible for citizenship in October 2010. My questions are:

1. Can I write to CIC now explaning to them that when I landed, I was still in school and that because of the financial turmoil I have yet to find a job and I do not want to quit my job and go to Canada jobless? If you think it's worth writing, does anybody know the address or email that I can send it to.

2. What type of advise would you give to somebody in my situation who does not want to loose the Canadian PR.

Kind regards
Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I appeal to keep my Candian Permanent Residence Card

Originally Posted by JBobson
2. What type of advise would you give to somebody in my situation who does not want to loose the Canadian PR.
Find a lawyer!

You may need to investigate being re-sponsored for permanent residence by your wife, however there may be logisitic issues if you are still technically a PR.