Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

proof of funds if hubby already there?

proof of funds if hubby already there?

Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

scissors1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of funds if hubby already there?

Hi
My hubby is living in Canada and i'm going out with the kids permanently in 4 weeks time. I'm wondering if i have to show proof of funds as he's already living and working there.He didn't get asked at all when he landed.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of funds if hubby already there?

Originally Posted by scissors1212
Hi
My hubby is living in Canada and i'm going out with the kids permanently in 4 weeks time. I'm wondering if i have to show proof of funds as he's already living and working there.He didn't get asked at all when he landed.
Thanks in advance!
From CIC proof of funds page:

"You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada."

I would assume that this applies to him from what you've said? And therefore it's not required.

Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
From CIC proof of funds page:

"You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada."

I would assume that this applies to him from what you've said? And therefore it's not required.

Thanks- i wasn't sure if I had to have employment as well
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors1212
Thanks- i wasn't sure if I had to have employment as well
Nope, just principal applicant.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, just principal applicant.
Great, thanks for that-looked on wiki and couldn't find the answer! cheers!