Proof-of-funds

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

agmaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof-of-funds

Hi,

If I'm landing from Cairo-Egypt, can I use a bank statement as proof-of-funds when landing, I plan to use HSBC which is a British bank that has branches in Egypt.

Please advise.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof-of-funds

If you would have funds in HSBC in UK then it shouldn't be a problem.

Officers at the port of entry will not investigate what foreign exchange and currency control exist in Egypt, if you can freely transfer any amount of money from there to Canada, etc..

Get a bank draft or traveler cheques.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Proof-of-funds

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you would have funds in HSBC in UK then it shouldn't be a problem.

Officers at the port of entry will not investigate what foreign exchange and currency control exist in Egypt, if you can freely transfer any amount of money from there to Canada, etc..

Get a bank draft or traveler cheques.
;-(

Last edited by happy hatter; Nov 22nd 2007 at 5:43 pm. Reason: for not reading a post further down which explained my Q!!