Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof of French language ability for Quebec

Proof of French language ability for Quebec

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:48 am
Just Joined

nordmann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of French language ability for Quebec

Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying for immigration to Quebec. Doesn anyone know if it's compulsory to provide them with the French test results when applying? Or, I can just indicate my level of French in the application form as I see it, and then they can confirm this level of French during the interview?

Waiting for your replies.
Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Proof of French language ability for Quebec

Originally Posted by nordmann
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying for immigration to Quebec. Doesn anyone know if it's compulsory to provide them with the French test results when applying? Or, I can just indicate my level of French in the application form as I see it, and then they can confirm this level of French during the interview?

Thanks
Hi,

it is not required to include proof of language skills but I highly recommend doing so. If you can include proof that you took french classes or evidence of your french skills then you might not need an interview at all if the rest of your application is satisfactory for them.

I applied for my CSQ and submitted a sheet from my french teacher on letterhead of her language school with my grades and some information about my french abilities. No interview. Received CSQ in 2 weeks. So I recommend you do this and don't wait for interview...

Last edited by kleinluka; Mar 22nd 2009 at 3:56 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So, if I take a French test and provide them with the results they may issue me a CSQ without an interview.... interesting. And what about my wife? Will she have to sit the test as well if she has almost 0 level of French? We are going to have a baby soon, so we can get points for the baby as well...

BTW, Can you tell me how long time CSQ is valid for?? I heard somewhere it's valid for 3 years. What I mean is how long time do you have after receiving CSQ to apply for permanent residence visa?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So, if I take a French test and provide them with the results they may issue me a CSQ without an interview.... interesting. And what about my wife? Will she have to sit the test as well if she has almost 0 level of French? We are going to have a baby soon, so we can get points for the baby as well...

BTW, Can you tell me how long time CSQ is valid for?? I heard somewhere it's valid for 3 years. What I mean is how long time do you have after receiving CSQ to apply for permanent residence visa?

Thanks
Hi,

seeing how your wife speaks no french an interview might be necessary.... Processing can vary sometimes so if you sign her up for french class now and attach proof of that with your application package (or bring to the interview) then at least they can see that she wants to learn the language. This goes a long way with Quebec immigration. She should demonstrate motivation to learn it. If you submit french test results of yourself and you are intermediate to advanced level then it will definitely benefit your application as a whole. Make sure the points you claim on the application match the result of your french test.

The CSQ has a duration of 3 years but you need to apply for PR within the first 12 months of those 3 years or it becomes invalid. I think the remaining 2 years on the CSQ are to facilicate extending your stay in Quebec while you're waiting on a federal decision. This is just a guess though. You must apply for PR within 12 months once you get the CSQ.

Hope this was helpful

Last edited by kleinluka; Mar 22nd 2009 at 3:59 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot! This was really helpful.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

rajamaharaja is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Thanks
Dear Nordmann!I just wanna know if u went through ur interview.Plz let me know becoz Im in the same boat like u.Will appretiate ur feed back..thanx
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

rajamaharaja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rajamaharaja
Dear Nordmann!I just wanna know if u went through ur interview.Plz let me know becoz Im in the same boat like u.Will appretiate ur feed back..thanx
My e-mail is([email protected])
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise NOT putting your email address on here because you may now receive tons of spam mail!!