Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Processing timelines at CIC offices

Processing timelines at CIC offices

Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Processing timelines at CIC offices

Last I checked the processing timelines it looked like London was an unsurpassable hurdle. 49 months at 80% of cases.

Looking at it now it's gone down to 36 months?

Berlin had 8 months at 80% and is now up at 24 as to the previous 8.

Vienna is at 11 months. I have business contacts in Vienna. Maybe I should move there.

Now - heres to a question. Say I move to Germany and apply from there. What if, during my processing time, I am offered a job in a different country and I take it. What happens to my application?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:55 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing timelines at CIC offices

Processing times stats only show timelines for cases completed (visas issued) in reported 12 months period. That means cases that were submitted 3 to 4+ years ago...

It has absolutely nothing to do with processing times of applications still in process or just being submitted.

London's 49 months was when they were completing settlement cases (with rather old submission dates), once they done with them the average dropped. And for the next few years reported stats will be showing shorter and shorter timelines as cases with arranged employment will become a majority of completed applications in subsequently reported periods.

Until simplified applications hit the fan 4 or more years from now - then you'll see timelines going up sharply, from 12-15 months to 50-60 months in no time....

Fact that Vienna reports 11 months means nothing - applications submitted this month may take same time or years longer to conclude. Never base your timeline predictions on reported stats of past cases.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I know that. They also update the page every 3 months and the stats reflect the previous 12 months.

Still, I feel this is so far a good trend.

Now, the stats were not my question but the "relocating during process" was. So if you have anything to contribute on that issue, please do.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Relocating during process will not affect it at all, case will continue being processed where it was submitted.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Relocating during process will not affect it at all, case will continue being processed where it was submitted.
Thank you! That's the answer I was hoping for. :-)