processing time 18 months!??

Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

tearing_hair_out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default processing time 18 months!??

So, we finally sent in all our application forms - phew - what a weight lifted. But then my husband called in to query something and the automated system (why can you never talk to a real person!?) said the current processing time was 18 months! Does anyone know if there is any truth to these estimates? we were planning on moving this summer! We still haven't received a letter to say they've even got the application although we sent it weeks ago...

Also - we sent in the original documents for our daughters proof of citizenship (passport etc) and we still haven't received confirmation that they've received the application, nor have they returned the documents. Will they return the originals soon or will we have to wait the full time to get those back too?

Thanks for all your help and support!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:58 pm
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: processing time 18 months!??

Originally Posted by tearing_hair_out
So, we finally sent in all our application forms - phew - what a weight lifted. But then my husband called in to query something and the automated system (why can you never talk to a real person!?) said the current processing time was 18 months! Does anyone know if there is any truth to these estimates? we were planning on moving this summer! We still haven't received a letter to say they've even got the application although we sent it weeks ago...

Also - we sent in the original documents for our daughters proof of citizenship (passport etc) and we still haven't received confirmation that they've received the application, nor have they returned the documents. Will they return the originals soon or will we have to wait the full time to get those back too?

Depends what category and NOC you applied under. Technically if you are one fo the 38 NOCs on the short list it should be processed within a year but as more and more people have applied under that scheme I guess the waiting times have stretched. Look at my signiture for a time line (add in a bit of Christmas delay) and also look at the thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...621358&page=75
for an indication of other peoples time lines.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of
Default Re: processing time 18 months!??

Originally Posted by tearing_hair_out

Think of us that applied prior to February 2008. We have a processing time of 42 months. I'm still waiting, like a lot of others. Honestly, the time will fly.