Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Processing begins before or after document request deadline

Processing begins before or after document request deadline

Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:50 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Processing begins before or after document request deadline

Hello People,

My document was requested on February 6th 2009 with a deadline of May 6th 2009. I sent all documents on March 16th 2009. I was wondering if they will start processing as soon as they receive the documents or wait till May 6th before starting to process.

Any practical experience, please share. And what is the time scale for medical request? Thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Processing begins before or after document request deadline

Hi,

I think it will all depend on the current workload but I can confirm from our timeline that they did start processing our application before the date that they required the updates by. We had to return our docs by 1st Jan 2009, our updates got to CHC on 1st December 2008 and they posted out our Med Requests on the 19th December 2008.
I really would expect that it all depends on what work they have in at the time but can only share our particular experience.
Good Luck!
Cheers
Tim
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:13 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi,

I think it will all depend on the current workload but I can confirm from our timeline that they did start processing our application before the date that they required the updates by. We had to return our docs by 1st Jan 2009, our updates got to CHC on 1st December 2008 and they posted out our Med Requests on the 19th December 2008.
I really would expect that it all depends on what work they have in at the time but can only share our particular experience.
Good Luck!
Cheers
Tim
Thanks Tim. That was a pretty quick turnaround. Just about 3 weeks. Wow! I wish mine will come quickly as yours. Assuming mine follows your timeline, I should be receiving med request by the 3rd of April. That will be awesome. Can't wait to sort everything completely as soon as possible. Cheers.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Fingers crossed for you We got a bit stressed trying to make sure we got all the info in as soon as possible as we were concerned about the increased post etc around Christmas...We used a Lawyer in Canada so having to send the docs to them first also added to the time needed...Although CHC sent out the Med requests on 19th December, our lawyer didn't get the letter until beginning of January and unfortunately didn't let us know via e mail that we had the med requests and we only found out when we got them forwarded on from him in Canada to us in the UK..Sometime around the 8th Jan I think...
I am hoping that he will e mail us to let us know when we get our PPR instead of just sending them on...Could be anyday day...
Where are you planning on having your Meds done?
Cheers
Tim
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:06 am
Duke of Africa

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Fingers crossed for you We got a bit stressed trying to make sure we got all the info in as soon as possible as we were concerned about the increased post etc around Christmas...We used a Lawyer in Canada so having to send the docs to them first also added to the time needed...Although CHC sent out the Med requests on 19th December, our lawyer didn't get the letter until beginning of January and unfortunately didn't let us know via e mail that we had the med requests and we only found out when we got them forwarded on from him in Canada to us in the UK..Sometime around the 8th Jan I think...
I am hoping that he will e mail us to let us know when we get our PPR instead of just sending them on...Could be anyday day...
Where are you planning on having your Meds done?
Cheers
Tim
I will be doing my meds in London but don't know with which DMP yet. I will probably phone around to get the best rate. Any ideas or which DMP did you guys use?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Well we went to Altrincham near Manchester and it was very easy and we were very happy...Our second choice would have been to travel to the one on Harley Street in London as everyone that goes there seems to like it (from what I have read anyway)..I think it costs more but I think you can get booked in pretty quick aswell..
Cheers
Tim
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:47 am
Duke of Africa

Apparently there are only 2 DMP for London. The one at Hayley and Knightsbridge. The one at Hayley has quotes for the medicals on its website and the total cost for medicals + X-ray + courier is £294.40 for weekdays appointments and £300.15 for weekends appointment.

I phoned up Knightsbridge a couple of minutes ago and the lady quoted me £247 for medicals + X-ray + courier.

The choice is obvious from a cost point of view. However I was wondering if there are other qualitative benefits of opting for the Hayley one such as quick response and delivery to the embassy.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:36 am
Duke of Africa

Got my med request on Friday 17th April dated 14th April. I have booked my medicals at Knightsbridge for Wednesday 22nd April.

My document request deadline was May 6th 2009 but apparently they processed it before the deadline. Good stuff.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Congrats!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:57 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandavid
Apparently there are only 2 DMP for London. The one at Hayley and Knightsbridge. The one at Hayley has quotes for the medicals on its website and the total cost for medicals + X-ray + courier is £294.40 for weekdays appointments and £300.15 for weekends appointment.

I phoned up Knightsbridge a couple of minutes ago and the lady quoted me £247 for medicals + X-ray + courier.

The choice is obvious from a cost point of view. However I was wondering if there are other qualitative benefits of opting for the Hayley one such as quick response and delivery to the embassy.
I can vouch for Harley street, really quick, knew what they were doing, no hassle, and did the meds on the Sat and they were with CHC London by Wed lunchtime
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:12 am
Duke of Africa

I have now changed my medicals to today at 3.00 pm at Harleys. Initially booked at Knightsbridge for Wednesday 22nd April.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:17 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandavid
I have now changed my medicals to today at 3.00 pm at Harleys. Initially booked at Knightsbridge for Wednesday 22nd April.
good luck
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:19 am
Duke of Africa

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
good luck
Thanks Nikki.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

ottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the roughottawaharvey is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with the meds . Did they ask you to send your passport off within so many days?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:40 pm
Duke of Africa

Unhappy Re: Processing begins before or after document request deadline

Originally Posted by ottawaharvey
Good luck with the meds . Did they ask you to send your passport off within so many days?
Thanks Harvey. No they did not ask me to send my passport off within so many days. I am a bit gutted after the medicals today as traces of blood was found in my urine. So the doctor has requested that I come back a week later to give another urine sample.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.