Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Process once UK hubby gets Permanent Residence Papers

Wikiposts

Process once UK hubby gets Permanent Residence Papers

Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Process once UK hubby gets Permanent Residence Papers

lol... thanks for the info, I was a tad concerned for a moment.

Glad to hear that the younger boys are coming over and I am sure that your kids will help his to integrate, find friends etc.

Just hope his 17 year old doesn't get a crush on your 17 year old daughter, lol!

Take care and hope it all goes smoothly...

Keep us updated!

Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:19 am
Nicole

lightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nice

Originally Posted by siouxie
lol... thanks for the info, I was a tad concerned for a moment.

Glad to hear that the younger boys are coming over and I am sure that your kids will help his to integrate, find friends etc.

Just hope his 17 year old doesn't get a crush on your 17 year old daughter, lol!

Take care and hope it all goes smoothly...

Keep us updated!

We are lucky in that my sisters' sons are roughly the same age as his and they have met in person and became great friends on Facebook and will be going to the same school. So much adjusting for the boys to move here and I am so worried they will resent me for taking them away from their country - even though they have swear to me they are eager to be here and learn how to snowboard, ski and teach Canadians how to play rugby PROPERLY! LOL

I will be sure to keep everyone posted. So very excited it is our last holiday apart if all continues to go well Having a hard time not being together. So lonely and frustrating!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
He has to activate his visa (Land) within 12 months of taking his medicals. He can then return to the UK if he needs to do and doesn't have to actually move at this time.

Once his visa is activated and he obtains his Permanent Residency, he has to be in Canada for 2 out of the following 5 years to keep it. So after he "lands", he has to move and live in Canada within 3 years otherwise he can lose his PR.

He'll also be able to work as soon as he gets his SIN.
Days outside Canada as the spouse of a Canadian citizen normally should count as being "in Canada" for the purpose of retaining PR. But not for citizenship.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 12:46 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Days outside Canada as the spouse of a Canadian citizen normally should count as being "in Canada" for the purpose of retaining PR. But not for citizenship.
Only if you're with them. Which is not the case for the OP.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 12:49 am
Nicole

lightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nice

Originally Posted by el_richo
Only if you're with them. Which is not the case for the OP.
Thanks guys. Not to worry. Once he is here he will only be going back to visit his daughters and mother and I WILL BE GOING with him No more airport goodbyes! LOL (FINGERS CROSSED THAT IS)