Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

'IN PROCESS'!! ON ECAS, CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!

'IN PROCESS'!! ON ECAS, CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!

Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default 'IN PROCESS'!! ON ECAS, CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!

We 've been feeling very down and frustrated since the new year started and especially because of how long it has been taking for our AOR to turn up; I hadn't been checking ECAS because when I tried to log on nothing was showing up at the time when we received our 120 day e-mail.

I just decided to try it again, thinking I was not going to be able to log on but I'll try it anyway but it worked and stated status 'in process'. yippeeeee!!

This has given us hope that we are getting closer to our dream!!!

I think alot of the others who applied at the same time as us will hear some good news

All the best guys
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'IN PROCESS'!! ON ECAS, CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!!

Blimey, that's quick! Congrats, fingers crossed the rest goes smoothly for you.

Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Thanks very much Christmasoompa we are praying and hoping for the best!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, just so you don't get your hopes up too much, don't rely on Ecas at the mo - seems to be a big glitch in it over the past week or so from looking at other forums etc. Sorry, hope it's correct in your case!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:19 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Actually, just so you don't get your hopes up too much, don't rely on Ecas at the mo - seems to be a big glitch in it over the past week or so from looking at other forums etc. Sorry, hope it's correct in your case!
Yes, Ecas is up the stump. It was telling lots of post June 26th applicants including us until recently that they had medicals received when they hadn't even had medical requests yet. They corrected that last week.
It is also currently telling people who have not had their initial eligibility approval from CIO yet that they are IN PROCESS, which obviously cannot be right.
So I am sorry to confirm that this is not reliable at all.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Beat this... Docs to London yesterday, In Process today...

Somehow I don't think thats quite right.

Just a general question, in ecas it shows the date they received my application as the date the Docs were received in NS, is that correct? I would have thought it would show when the full application hit London?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:06 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Beat this... Docs to London yesterday, In Process today...

Somehow I don't think thats quite right.
For you I sincerely hope it is right, however......

Sounds like a new trainee with finger problems
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Does Ecas actually show anything useful now then? When we applied it showed "in progress" from the date of our AOR to two weeks after we landed
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
Yes, Ecas is up the stump. It was telling lots of post June 26th applicants including us until recently that they had medicals received when they hadn't even had medical requests yet. They corrected that last week.
It is also currently telling people who have not had their initial eligibility approval from CIO yet that they are IN PROCESS, which obviously cannot be right.
So I am sorry to confirm that this is not reliable at all.
However, in the past few days they have changed a good deal of recent applicants (as reported on the canadavisa.com thread) from "IN PROCESS" to "APPLICATION RECEIVED" and "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE". This more accurately reflects their stage in the process listed here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...ng=en&app=ecas

So those that are still saying "IN PROCESS" there is genuine reason to believe that visa office are now processing their applications!

Oh, in other news, Manila office have issued 2nd AORs for post-June-26 applicants and we had news of the first medical request today! London will likey be a month or two behind, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Anyway gratz to the OP I think now CIC seem to be ironing out the creases in ECAS that "IN PROCESS" might soon actually mean "IN PROCESS"

Wayne.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by james.mc
For you I sincerely hope it is right, however......

Sounds like a new trainee with finger problems
Ours has said "IN PROCESS" since we could first access it a couple of weeks ago (PER received 15 Dec 2010). When we click IN PROCESS it has a single line "We received your application for permanent residence on 30 August 2010".

However, many people who formerly had the "IN PROCESS" status have had theirs amended to "APPLICATION RECEIVED" or "CIO ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE", whereas ours had stayed the same. So I am hopeful this means that visa office have our application and have begun processing or it is close to processing.

Since the final eligibility review and selection/admissability has already been done by CIO there should only be security/background/medicals left.

I think once the application is being processed by visa office then ECAS becomes very slow and unreliable since I think visa offices use a different database to CIO and they have to copy information across periodically.

Wayne.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:57 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
Ours has said "IN PROCESS" since we could first access it a couple of weeks ago (PER received 15 Dec 2010). When we click IN PROCESS it has a single line "We received your application for permanent residence on 30 August 2010".

However, many people who formerly had the "IN PROCESS" status have had theirs amended to "APPLICATION RECEIVED" or "CIO ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE", whereas ours had stayed the same. So I am hopeful this means that visa office have our application and have begun processing or it is close to processing.

Since the final eligibility review and selection/admissability has already been done by CIO there should only be security/background/medicals left.

I think once the application is being processed by visa office then ECAS becomes very slow and unreliable since I think visa offices use a different database to CIO and they have to copy information across periodically.

Wayne.
When you are usually in proper "In Process" it will state - We started processing your application on (date)".

Last edited by AmyDavid; Feb 9th 2011 at 5:27 pm. Reason: Amended actually to usually - doh!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
When you are actually in proper "In Process" it will state - We started processing your application on (date)".
I don't think it will because the user on our forum who has had medicals received just has "IN PROCESS" with the only info being "We received your application on XXXX".

I assume someone who has received medical requests is "In proper in process"?

Wayne.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 5:27 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
I don't think it will because the user on our forum who has had medicals received just has "IN PROCESS" with the only info being "We received your application on XXXX".

I assume someone who has received medical requests is "In proper in process"?

Wayne.
That should have read "usually" not "actually". That's what you get when you type whilst eating lunch!

I don't think anyone can take what ECAS says too seriously at the moment - with the upgrade to the new system it is all over the place.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

People have also never had any updates on ECAS until after they've got their visas. I wouldn't put any value in what's on ECAS.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:23 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
People have also never had any updates on ECAS until after they've got their visas. I wouldn't put any value in what's on ECAS.
Now the processing system has changed and CIO are doing the points checks and checking the completeness of the document pack, it may well have affected what and when they update the Ecas.
What applied to old rules applications who only sent their full documents to the VO when requested may very well not apply to the new post June 26th applications submitted in full to CIO.
Although I will add that at the moment I do think it is full of the proverbial!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.