PROCESS COMPLETE....(ALMOST)

Old Jun 22nd 2001, 11:09 pm
Kay Carbe

As a spousal inland applicant for myself and 2 sons, we have received a letter today
confirming that our process is complete and we will be contacted by the local CIC to
arrange a date for us to go there to "land".

Everything is looking up... I have been 3 weeks in a job I enjoy with a great bunch
of people, my birthday is almost here and also my first Canadian wedding
anniversary!!!

To all those somewhere in the middle of all this..........keep focused and keep
your chin up!!

--
Check out my homepage http://members.home.net/kaycarbe/home

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 1:28 am
I_AM_NOBODY

Could you list out the time line so far?

Thanks in advance

Kay Carbe wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 10:55 pm
Kay Carbe

TIMELINE

Arrived as a fiancée April 2000 to be told I had no right to be in Canada unless I
was a spouse. They interviewed me and my (then) fiancé at the airport but separately.
Decided we were genuine and allowed me and my 2 sons in on a Ministers Permit.

Got married July 2000. Waited 2 months for marriage certificate to send with papers
to immigration and was told there was a 3/4 month backlog. Sent papers to CIC
(spousal application inland) September 2000. Papers returned November 2000 as I had
missed filling out a form for H & C grounds. Received marriage cert with incorrect
date on and returned it to registrar.

January 2001....... finally got marriage cert with correct date and forwarded a
copy to CIC.

5 February 2001, received another form to complete and to send photos of the wedding
and reception. This form was not in our "kit" we received. We got 30 days to return
it and although we did it right away it appears our file was put away for 30 days
irrespective.

5 March 2001 I took a call from CIC asking me if I could fax mine and my husband's
divorce papers from our first marriages. Where the logic is in this beats me...... we
could not have got married if our divorce papers were not in order!!!! Luckily we
have a fax so I was able to fax these that day. She told me that if she got those
that day then the AIP was to be issued then.

It was issued on 5 March 2001 which is when I applied for an EA which took about 3
weeks to arrive. I got a job within 2 weeks of receiving it.

22 June 2001, received the letter to say the process was complete and we have to wait
for the local CIC to invite us to receive our landing papers.

At long last we see the light!!!!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > As a spousal inland applicant for myself and 2 sons, we have received a letter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > today confirming that our process is complete and we will be contacted by the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > local CIC to arrange a date for us to go there to[/usenetquote2]
"land".
[usenetquote2]> > Everything is looking up... I have been 3 weeks in a job I enjoy with a great[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > bunch of people, my birthday is almost here and also my first[/usenetquote2]
Canadian
[usenetquote2]> > wedding anniversary!!![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > To all those somewhere in the middle of all this..........keep focused[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > keep your chin up!![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Check out my homepage http://members.home.net/kaycarbe/home[/usenetquote2]