Process

Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Black Widow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Process

So my situation:

I may have a potential family in Montreal,Quebec as a Live in Nanny. So I would like to know what would be the best situation.

First do I get a temporary visa as the process time is shorter in the mean time apply for live in caregiver, or just do live in caregiver straight away...

I have a NVQ lvl 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development from UK

I have a Police check from Belgium (in French) and I am applying for the UK one this week.

My childcare experience

Since 2010 I have been a Nanny on few hours per week but have only got Cash (no payslip, taxes etc so no evidence that I even did the work)

From Apr to Oct 2013 I was a residential Care Worker.

From Oct 2012 to JAN 2013 I was a residential support worker

From Nov 2011 to September 2012 a Nursery Nurse

From Feb to Aug 2011 a Nursery Assistant

June 2006 to August 2009 a Family Support Worker in a baby unit (SCBU) and Nursing Assistant (Children's A&E)

and previous also a primary school teaching assistant / sport coach etc all for children

So as they ask for paid do I leave out the Nanny and go to the residential jobs.
Also i presume they want the Canadian equivalent of my qualification...
Do I need a medical certificate?

What documents were needed?

What else would I need to supply, I really want to go Canada as I have distant family and friends there and now in Belgium I have no one. Would really appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2014, 9:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Process

Originally Posted by Black Widow
First do I get a temporary visa as the process time is shorter in the mean time apply for live in caregiver, or just do live in caregiver straight away...
I'm not sure what you mean by 'temporary visa', what kind of visa are you referring to?

The live in caregiver prog would give you a temporary visa anyway, you can't apply for PR until you've done 2 years on the LICG prog.

As for what you'd need to apply, have you looked at all the info on the CIC website? That tells you exactly what you need, the first step is to get your employer to apply for a LMIA - Apply–Live-in caregivers

HTH.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Well there's temporary work permit which gets process in roughly 1 month or the live in caregivers program 39 months..

and does that mean I have to wait those months to finally get over there...

Last edited by Black Widow; Oct 19th 2014 at 2:33 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well there's temporary work permit which gets process in roughly 1 month or the live in caregivers program 39 months..

and does that mean I have to wait those months to finally get over there...
Read this link for the Live In caregiver programme.
Determine your eligibility – Live-in caregivers

The 39 months is the time frame for being accepted as a PR not how long it takes to get a work permit.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Ok that's what I was getting confused about... So as soon as I get a contract and lmo I've just got to fill in application.. I've got all supporting document except medical which I will do then send...
Old Oct 19th 2014, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok that's what I was getting confused about... So as soon as I get a contract and lmo I've just got to fill in application.. I've got all supporting document except medical which I will do then send...
It seems you're misunderstanding - you can't apply for PR as a LICG until you've done two years working in Canada on a TWP.

So you have no way of applying for PR as a LICG yet anyway, your only option is to go over on a TWP. Do note though, that the TWP might only take a month to get, but you need a LMIA first, and that will take roughly 3-4 months to get.

HTH.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

I'm not on about perm resident...
I was on about temp workers permit...

I was trying to figure out do I only apply for the live in caregiver program and how long once I submit the application I would wait til I could fly out and work or fill out the temp workers permit then apply for the live in program...

And as website said 1 month for temp and 39 for live in... That's what I was getting confused on what to do...

I realise I have to wait for lmia and stuff...
Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The 39 months is for PR, not a TWP.

HTH.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 6:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not on about perm resident...
I was on about temp workers permit...

I was trying to figure out do I only apply for the live in caregiver program and how long once I submit the application I would wait til I could fly out and work or fill out the temp workers permit then apply for the live in program...

And as website said 1 month for temp and 39 for live in... That's what I was getting confused on what to do...

I realise I have to wait for lmia and stuff...
First the potential employer has to follow these steps: Determine your eligibility—Hiring a live-in caregiver

Then you follow these: Determine your eligibility – Live-in caregivers

This will (hopefully) get you a temporary work permit.

After 2 years of working, you could then apply for permanent residency.

Your other alternative, if you are under 30, would be to apply for an International Experience Canada working holiday work permit which would be valid for 12 months and you can apply for a 2nd year. It's an open work permit and provided you underwent an up front medical, you would be able to work as a nanny/live in caregiver. The next round of IEC visa's will be coming up in December.

Old Oct 20th 2014, 10:35 am
Just Joined

unfortunately not under 30... By the looks of it I will go the live in caregiver route plus I need to fill form out for Quebec and then make sure i sty for at least 2 years to obtain my PR...

In the end I want to be nearer Toronto as some family and friends live there...
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately not under 30... By the looks of it I will go the live in caregiver route plus I need to fill form out for Quebec and then make sure i sty for at least 2 years to obtain my PR...

In the end I want to be nearer Toronto as some family and friends live there...
Almost - only after you have worked for 2 years can you apply for PR.

have been working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for at least 24 months, or
worked a total of 3,900 hours within four years of arriving in Canada, and
have a valid work permit to work in a home offering live-in care for children, seniors or the disabled.
It will take an additional +/- 39 months to obtain PR.

Become a permanent resident – Live-in caregivers