Problem

Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:21 am
Just Joined

mrfollowfollow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem

So i'm in the process of filling out the forms to apply for the family class visa and my problem is that i previously spent a year in canada on a 1 year student work visa, during that time i worked for a grocery store, but i got fired as i didn't scan everything a friend brought to the paypoint, they claimed it was deliberate i claimed it wasn't(it was) the total for the items was 8bucks, so i got fired, but the union rep wanted to fight for my job back as he said it was unfair as they couldn't prove anything.

now my problem is should i include this job on my application in the section is asks what you have been doing the last 10yrs, or since you were 18. i've included that i was in canada just not the job which i held for around 4months. will they contact the empolyer if i include it and will it look really bad that i got fired for a minor thing?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem

Originally Posted by mrfollowfollow
So i'm in the process of filling out the forms to apply for the family class visa and my problem is that i previously spent a year in canada on a 1 year student work visa, during that time i worked for a grocery store, but i got fired as i didn't scan everything a friend brought to the paypoint, they claimed it was deliberate i claimed it wasn't(it was) the total for the items was 8bucks, so i got fired, but the union rep wanted to fight for my job back as he said it was unfair as they couldn't prove anything.

now my problem is should i include this job on my application in the section is asks what you have been doing the last 10yrs, or since you were 18. i've included that i was in canada just not the job which i held for around 4months. will they contact the empolyer if i include it and will it look really bad that i got fired for a minor thing?
I have no legal qualifications, but logic tells me that you are not the first person to have ever been fired from a job and gone on to live a normal life, so this really won't matter. (So long as there were no legal proceedings.)
So my advice would be - honesty is the best policy - after all, you must have paid tax etc. so it might not be too hard to find out anyway. You just don't tell the bit about getting fired.

Good luck.
Rob.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:32 am
Just Joined

izyrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problem

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
I have no legal qualifications, but logic tells me that you are not the first person to have ever been fired from a job and gone on to live a normal life, so this really won't matter. (So long as there were no legal proceedings.)
So my advice would be - honesty is the best policy - after all, you must have paid tax etc. so it might not be too hard to find out anyway. You just don't tell the bit about getting fired.

Good luck.
Rob.

Follow Rob4BC's words. I had simular experience and I choosed to say nothing, but they found that and asked me about that. Well, that really didn't effect of my working visa process, but I was freaked.

Honesty is the best policy, Just don't tell them bad things. This is very different from Hiding.