Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Primary Applicant Landing First... Need Advice Pls.

Primary Applicant Landing First... Need Advice Pls.

Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:47 am
Just Joined

NorthernTracker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Primary Applicant Landing First... Need Advice Pls.

Would really appreciate your inputs esp. from those who had similar experience...

Just got our PPR requests and have planned to land early 2nd qtr next year. However, arriving alone first and leaving depedants behind until hopefully can confirm a job offer or before VISAs expire whichever comes first.

Some concerns thou with the above in mind...
1. Should settlement funds satisfy the amount required for the family or only for the one landing (in this case would be me only)
2. I'd be bringing along with me 'list of goods to bring & to follow', how about when it's time for my dependants to land, should they fill in a separate list?
3. I got from another thread, the husband applied for her spouse' SIN upon arrival. This i guess i should do... How about those Child Tax Benefit, GST/HST credit?
4. Any other things i should fill in and/or apply for my family? Or should not fill in and/or apply for that matter?

Thanks for your time and help...

I'll add-in a few more in this list once i gather additional things for clarifications... Thanks again!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 4:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary Applicant Landing First... Need Advice Pls.

Hi

Originally Posted by NorthernTracker
Would really appreciate your inputs esp. from those who had similar experience...

Just got our PPR requests and have planned to land early 2nd qtr next year. However, arriving alone first and leaving depedants behind until hopefully can confirm a job offer or before VISAs expire whichever comes first.

Some concerns thou with the above in mind...
1. Should settlement funds satisfy the amount required for the family or only for the one landing (in this case would be me only)
2. I'd be bringing along with me 'list of goods to bring & to follow', how about when it's time for my dependants to land, should they fill in a separate list?
3. I got from another thread, the husband applied for her spouse' SIN upon arrival. This i guess i should do... How about those Child Tax Benefit, GST/HST credit?
4. Any other things i should fill in and/or apply for my family? Or should not fill in and/or apply for that matter?

Thanks for your time and help...

I'll add-in a few more in this list once i gather additional things for clarifications... Thanks again!
1. Principal landing first must show funds for entire family.
2. YOur choice.
3. You can't apply for your spouses SIN as she is not resident in Canada.
4. Make sure you have vacination records for children as it makes it easier to register them for school.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks PMM.

So for the funds, once i get to open a Canadian Bank account, i guess my spouse can just show this in immigration during her entry.

Any idea which bank is good for a chequing acct with auto-teller machine cards?

How about those Child Tax Benefit and GST/HST Credit? Can i apply for those even if i'll be landing alone?

Cheers!

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Principal landing first must show funds for entire family.
2. YOur choice.
3. You can't apply for your spouses SIN as she is not resident in Canada.
4. Make sure you have vacination records for children as it makes it easier to register them for school.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NorthernTracker
Thanks PMM.

So for the funds, once i get to open a Canadian Bank account, i guess my spouse can just show this in immigration during her entry.

Any idea which bank is good for a chequing acct with auto-teller machine cards?

How about those Child Tax Benefit and GST/HST Credit? Can i apply for those even if i'll be landing alone?

Cheers!

I think Child Tax Benefits and other credit only apply to those who've already landed (immigrant), so I presume that you can't claim considering that the kid/s have not landed yet.

What's your timeline and visa post?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anona?
I think Child Tax Benefits and other credit only apply to those who've already landed (immigrant), so I presume that you can't claim considering that the kid/s have not landed yet.

What's your timeline and visa post?
Thanks anona?

Here's my timeline:

Aug, 2002 - SW application via CHC Singapore
Sep, 2002 - AOR
Jun, 2003 - IELTS
Dec, 2005 - Interview letter
Feb, 2006 - Interview ok
Oct, 2006 - medicals
Nov, 2006 - PPR
...visas... 1-2 weeks from 08-Nov...