Pretty Messed Up

Old Jan 7th 2015, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

red_onion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pretty Messed Up

Came over here with NOC skill type A job offer a year ago. LMO and TWP was for a year. I didn't know i could apply for PR through FSW until very late. My company left new LMIA application very late which is still in progress. Application was made early Oct 2014. I came back from London after the holidays and CBSA gave me only 28 days to obtain LMIA or leave the country and wait from there. Now I have stopped working and hoping LMIA would get approved in the next month or so. If not I am considering returning back to England. While I am here i am hoping to apply for PR through CEC. My question is would I be able to obtain bridging/open work permit in time? how long does it take? Would i qualify for bridging/open work permit even if i am not in Canada while PR through CEC is under consideration? Thanks indeed.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 5:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pretty Messed Up

Originally Posted by red_onion
While I am here i am hoping to apply for PR through CEC. My question is would I be able to obtain bridging/open work permit in time? how long does it take? Would i qualify for bridging/open work permit even if i am not in Canada while PR through CEC is under consideration? Thanks indeed.
As you were told back in October, you can't get a BOWP until you've got an AOR from a PR app - and that would have taken around 3 months *after* applying for PR. But it seems you still haven't applied, so you need to look at the Express Entry system.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 7th 2015 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 5:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Came over here with NOC skill type A job offer a year ago. LMO and TWP was for a year. I didn't know i could apply for PR through FSW until very late. My company left new LMIA application very late which is still in progress. Application was made early Oct 2014. I came back from London after the holidays and CBSA gave me only 28 days to obtain LMIA or leave the country and wait from there. Now I have stopped working and hoping LMIA would get approved in the next month or so. If not I am considering returning back to England. While I am here i am hoping to apply for PR through CEC. My question is would I be able to obtain bridging/open work permit in time? how long does it take? Would i qualify for bridging/open work permit even if i am not in Canada while PR through CEC is under consideration? Thanks indeed.
1. No, you have to valid status with a work permit that is due to expire in 4 months or less and you have to be in Canada to be eligible for BOWP.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Any idea how long it will take for PR through CEC?
Old Jan 7th 2015, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea how long it will take for PR through CEC?
If you're eligible (do note the new Express Entry system mentioned above, everything has changed now), then CIC are saying PR will take around 6 months so much quicker than it used to be, but you need to get selected first.

Good luck.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Sydney NS had our PR application on the 17th October last year. No AOR yet, we have heard nothing. Am told its nearer 4 months now.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Christ. Would I need my qualification evaluated ?
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:19 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Christ. Would I need my qualification evaluated ?
Don't think he has much to do with Canadian Immigration or come on this site. The answer may come in a vision though, be patient!
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Aviator
Don't think he has much to do with Canadian Immigration or come on this site. The answer may come in a vision though, be patient!
Haha, thanks for the Chuckle Aviator

But for OP, you'll need your credentials assessed if you want to claim points in your EE profile, and they are worth a lot of points.

Be aware that if your company is successful in obtaining an LMIA for you then this will give a large boost in EE points meaning you'll get selected in the next available draw (Supposed to be 1-2 a month), after that you file your PR application within 60 days from being invited and then *theoretically* you will receive PR 6 months after the date of submission.

However it's all new and the first draw hasn't even happened yet (Supposed to be this week) so how this all plays out in practice is yet to be seen...
Old Jan 26th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

hahaha Aviator!! Cute.

doubleym, My company has submitted LMIA for the second time after not completing all the requirements first time. They've done it late and now I am having to stop working and go back to London and wait till it gets approved (if). I am taking a huge financial hit. Say it is not approved, would my Canadian experience would be useful in being selected and do I have to work for a 'pre-chosen' company if at all? I am Professional skills Type A
Old Jan 26th 2015, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

hahaha Aviator!! Cute.

doubleym, My company has submitted LMIA for the second time after not completing all the requirements first time. They've done it late and now I am having to stop working and go back to London and wait till it gets approved (if). I am taking a huge financial hit. Say it is not approved, would my Canadian experience would be useful in being selected and do I have to work for a 'pre-chosen' company if at all? I am Professional skills Type A
Your Canadian experience would gain you some more points and make you eligible for the CEC stream, if it's more than 1 year.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

I hear folks talking about medical. Do I need one? I am in IT.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, you'll need one for any PR app (your occupation is irrelevant).
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:47 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Even a cursory glance at the forms and completion guide for the EE application would have answered this... maybe start by actually reading that?