PR Visa Rejection

Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:53 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Visa Rejection

Hi everyone....

Its been like 2 years since I last logged on to this site.

I was hoping if the experts can help me out.

My brother had filed for the Canadian immigration, obviously applying through the Federal Skilled worker category.

Today in the morning, he called me up and said that he received a letter, dated February 20th, that his visa has been rejected.

Now, the reason they gave was that they sent him an email back in November last year that he needs to submit some further documents. Failure to submit them would mean that the visa officer assesses the case on the basis of existing documents. Since no documents were recieved, the visa officer has decided to reject your application.

Now my bro claims that he never received an email. I would want to have an answer in both cases i.e. in case he received an email and ignored it and in case he never got the email.

Also, if a letter dated Feb 20th reaches him in June, its high time before CIC pulls up its pants.

He was devastated. Is there anything that can be done now??

Please advise.
Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PR Visa Rejection

Yes he should e-mail them and call them as soon as possible to let them know he never received the email and to ask them which documents they requested and that he will send them right away. I heard a similar story over on immigration.ca and the person contacted CIC and they re-opened his file. It is very possible that emails get lost either due to spam filter or other issues so CIC should accept this but he needs to contact them as soon as possible. And of course he needs to let them know his file number, date of birth, full name etc when contacting them so that they can verify everything quickly.

Good luck!

Last edited by kleinluka; Jun 19th 2009 at 2:11 am.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:25 am

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply bud.

Yesterday, he found out that indeed he received the email, but possibly ignored it. So many email hit our inbox and sometimes we ignore them.

I know its not a valid reason but important things like this should be sent via post, not email.

PMM, Andrew (if he's still here)... could you chaps reply?

Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amancharan
Thanks for the reply bud.

Yesterday, he found out that indeed he received the email, but possibly ignored it. So many email hit our inbox and sometimes we ignore them.

I know its not a valid reason but important things like this should be sent via post, not email.

PMM, Andrew (if he's still here)... could you chaps reply?

Thanks
Basically it is a coin flip whether they will re-open the file or not.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:43 am

so should we appeal? or send them a letter to re-assess the file?

Thanks PMM
Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amancharan
so should we appeal? or send them a letter to re-assess the file?

Thanks PMM
There is no appeal (you are too late for the federal court) send them a letter.