PR AND UK PASSPORT RENEWAL

Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:43 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR AND UK PASSPORT RENEWAL

Im renewing my passport, AND SENDING IT back to UK - does my PR stamp from my old passport needs to be transferred over to new one? do I need to let anyone in Canada or UK know as I belive my landing paper has my current passport number, which has expired and I am going to renew?

GS1
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:44 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR AND UK PASSPORT RENEWAL

didn't you just ask this?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GS1
Im renewing my passport, AND SENDING IT back to UK - does my PR stamp from my old passport needs to be transferred over to new one? do I need to let anyone in Canada or UK know as I belive my landing paper has my current passport number, which has expired and I am going to renew?

GS1
Take the document out of your old passport and keep it safe as you will need it when you claim OAS later on. The stamp doesnt need to be transferred over as you should have a PR card.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:04 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Take the document out of your old passport and keep it safe as you will need it when you claim OAS later on. The stamp doesnt need to be transferred over as you should have a PR card.
Hi Former Lancastrian. There is no document in my passport, just a stamp. When I arrived, I got my landing papers and a PR card, but my landing paper has my passport number that I am able to get renewed? It wont be a problem in the future will it, because first of all my landing paper passport number will differ to my new passport number and secondly the stamp for me entering into Canada wont be there nor will be details that I am a PR in Canada as all this information will be on my old passport?

When I send my passport to UK for renewal will the passport office know by scanning my passport, that I hold a PR in Canada?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi Former Lancastrian. There is no document in my passport, just a stamp. When I arrived, I got my landing papers and a PR card, but my landing paper has my passport number that I am able to get renewed? It wont be a problem in the future will it, because first of all my landing paper passport number will differ to my new passport number and secondly the stamp for me entering into Canada wont be there nor will be details that I am a PR in Canada as all this information will be on my old passport?

When I send my passport to UK for renewal will the passport office know by scanning my passport, that I hold a PR in Canada?
The passport really has nothing to do with PR status as you have been issued a PR card and COPR form. Dont worry about stamps just send the passport.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:14 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The passport really has nothing to do with PR status as you have been issued a PR card and COPR form. Dont worry about stamps just send the passport.
Hi, Sorry Former Lancastrian, but just for a peace of mind what did you mean by
"Take the document out of your old passport and keep it safe as you will need it when you claim OAS later on"
I didn't get a document in my passport, just a stamp? what is OAS?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi, Sorry Former Lancastrian, but just for a peace of mind what did you mean by
"Take the document out of your old passport and keep it safe as you will need it when you claim OAS later on"
I didn't get a document in my passport, just a stamp? what is OAS?
The landing document IMM 1000 or the new COPR form. OAS = Old Age Security. If you have lost your original landing document you need to apply for a replacement

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/certcopy.asp