PR status help

Old Jul 29th 2014, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Tony6034 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR status help

Hey guys

I'm looking at joining the Canadian police within the next 5 years. I have previous British police experience but don't know anyone in Canada or have a spouse etc.

What are my chances of applying for PR status and being successful roughly

Any help is appreciated.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 3:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR status help

Your chances are good, if you're actually eligible to apply for PR.

Once you've got PR you'd then be able to join the police in Canada, as I'm sure you're aware it's not a job that would lead to a visa though, so you need another route to PR.

How were you planning on applying, via which visa route?
Old Jul 29th 2014, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

I was thinking of doing the IEC working holiday they have every year, plus was going to go on holiday quite a few times there as well

The only problem is that this is not going to be reality for at least 5 years due to saving up for the move and getting more experience within my job as a police officer as Ive only been doing it for 3 years
Old Jul 29th 2014, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a plan. What job would you plan to do on the IEC? If you can try and get a skilled job then you'd hopefully be able to apply for PR, and go back to policing.

How old are you now?
Old Jul 29th 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

I'm 24 so I need to get a move on really.

To be honest I havent got as far as thinking about the Job personally I was thinking Security or something ???
Old Jul 29th 2014, 4:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

At 24 you've got loads of time (says she, old and decrepit and very jealous of you being in your twenties!).

Personally I'd go over sooner than 5 years, and not worry about saving so much or getting more experience, but that's your call. I certainly wouldn't wait 5 years as then you'd only be able to do IEC for a year rather than two, and run the risk of missing out altogether.

Good luck.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much, its very much appreciated.