Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Settlement Funds (job offer since applied to CIO)

PR Settlement Funds (job offer since applied to CIO)

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

AB81 is on a distinguished road
Default PR Settlement Funds (job offer since applied to CIO)

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me. I am almost ready to submit my visa office specific forms to London, UK.
I understand that if you have a job offer you do not need to have settlement funds. However, when I applied to the CIO I didn't have a job offer. Now I do have one, with a 2 year work permit and a continued job offer if/when I receive my PR status.

Does this mean I don't need to show I have the settlement funds requested?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:58 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Settlement Funds (job offer since applied to CIO)

Hi

Originally Posted by AB81
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me. I am almost ready to submit my visa office specific forms to London, UK.
I understand that if you have a job offer you do not need to have settlement funds. However, when I applied to the CIO I didn't have a job offer. Now I do have one, with a 2 year work permit and a continued job offer if/when I receive my PR status.

Thanks in advance
1. You require POF as you applied under FSW1 without an Approved Employment option. If you had applied under FSW2 with an AEO at the time of the application you wouldn't need the POF.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: PR Settlement Funds (job offer since applied to CIO)

Hi All,

Thanks in advance
I was in the exact same position as you. I applied under FSW1 and subsequently received a job offer (with an AEO) whilst preparing to send my Visa Office specific forms to London. I included my job offer on the Visa Office forms and I never had to provide any proof of funds prior to or when I landed.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the responses, although i am still confused. i called CIC and they said as long as I have a letter of arranged employment i should be fine...
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:00 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks for the responses, although i am still confused. i called CIC and they said as long as I have a letter of arranged employment i should be fine...
Don't forget you talked to a clerk at the call centre. If you applied under FSW1 (listed jobs) you require POF at "landing" From the instructions.

Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Proof of funds

The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.

You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration.

The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

hi,

maybe i should clarify that i am currently been living in canada, and have been here for 2.5 years.
i am already working in the job that has offered to continue to employ me if i get PR status.
thanks
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

hi,

maybe i should clarify that i am currently been living in canada, and have been here for 2.5 years.
i am already working in the job that has offered to continue to employ me if i get PR status.
thanks
Then you applied under FSW2 and don't have to show POF.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the advice!