PR Renewal Time Again!

Old Jan 6th 2016, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute
Question PR Renewal Time Again!

Hi Folks!

Well, it's that time again. Renewed my UK Passport last year and in the process of renewing my PR Card as we speak!

I can see a good few changes to the questions and procedures this time around - and some of the "guide" explanations are clear as mud, or badly worded in some cases. Anyway, one question I have, is regarding the NOS (Notification of Assessment). The heading to Part B sounds like it's asking for a copy of a "singular" return, although the paragraph below sounds like it's asking for "plural" returns? ... the only thing it's clear on, is asking for paperwork within the last 2 years!

Any help would be much appreciated, as I need to get this moving soon, due to family health issues back in the UK.

Kind Regards,
Siv

Last edited by SivoxII; Jan 6th 2016 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Renewal Time Again!

Have you consulted the instruction guide? It is likely that you will be providing more than one in any case unless you are providing proof of your children's educational status:

Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years

Include the following with your application:

Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated, see section on Translation of documents),
Your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two (2) years. Note: You can view (and print) your tax return, as well as other personal tax information using the CRA’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.
and
A copy of one of the following:

Other Notices of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, or
transcripts from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada verifying attendance within the past five (5) years, or
for all school-aged children, written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years.

Applying for a Permanent Resident Card (PR card) - Initial application, replacement or renewal (IMM 5445)

Sounds like you have done a renewal before. Are you eligible to apply for citizenship?

S

PS: I think I got the bold bits right as I had to put them in manually but please check in the link.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 6th 2016 at 7:10 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Snowy!

Yes indeed, this is my 2nd PR Renewal. First one was a breeze, so I am mainly focusing on the "added questions/requests" this time around.

Previously, I provided a copy of my UK Passport, displaying the details page, landing/travel stamps etc. However, being that I renewed my UK Passport from Canada last year, apart from providing the details page, it's still "un travelled" ... so no other stamps to produce this time around.

So, by the details you provided below, it sounds like I would be safer to produce copies of my 2014 & 2015 NOA's! (no children in my case).Otherwise, everything appears to be the same as before (Passport, Driving License copies, supplementary docs, proof of residence etc.)

Kind Regards,
Siv
Old Jan 6th 2016, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Well you will have to produce pages of all passports in the last 5 years as per the link. So if you have just got a new one (last year), a copy of the old one will also have to be included.

S
Old Jan 6th 2016, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem, still have a scanned file displaying my old (pre 2015 passport) on file.

This pretty much sums up their request ...

One Primary Identity Document: "the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident (including your passport’s page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident."

Additional Documents: "Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years"

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it!
Kind Regards,
Siv

Last edited by SivoxII; Jan 6th 2016 at 7:37 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:39 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Your next move after this renewal should be a citizenship application. I renewed once and it was enough hassle for me to go for the big C a week later. :@)
Old Jan 7th 2016, 1:47 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Your next move after this renewal should be a citizenship application. I renewed once and it was enough hassle for me to go for the big C a week later. :@)
When our PR cards expired we intended to apply for citizenship long before (I think it was 3 years residency at that time). But as usual we faffed about and our citizenship finally went off this Christmas. We were on our THIRD set of photos! the kids had changed so much!