Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR medical, best, cheapest and quickest

PR medical, best, cheapest and quickest

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

teenwolfofqmrc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR medical, best, cheapest and quickest

i have just checked out the prices of the harley st medical Dr. (Medical @ Number One Health in Harley Street) who is recommended by CHC, but he wants just under £300 for meds and x ray. This seems, sorry is, somewhat expensive. Does anyone have any other more modestly priced advice in or around London?

Regards in advance.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:10 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR medical, best, cheapest and quickest

Hi

Originally Posted by lewis james
i have just checked out the prices of the harley st medical Dr. (Medical @ Number One Health in Harley Street) who is recommended by CHC, but he wants just under £300 for meds and x ray. This seems, sorry is, somewhat expensive. Does anyone have any other more modestly priced advice in or around London?

Regards in advance.
You don't have much choice in London there are only two, but here is the list:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

cheers for that, i had found the list but wanted to know if the price varied much between central and greater london GP's. anyone any examples or is £300 the rule of thumb??
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

kidmeup is an unknown quantity at this point

under £300 expensive

The cost of your medical (s) is £520.00+ VAT (This may be subject to change if any additional tests are required) this is payable on the day. Please see enclosed for accepted methods of payment.
thats was the docs in liverpool last year and price was per adult(x2) then my two children on top

i would jump at the £300
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

I will keep that in mind, but still think £300 is a lot esp. when the x-ray (the part of the med which I thought to be the most expensive) only costs £57.50! £240 for blood and urine test seems steep to me.

but thanks irrespectively
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:55 am
Just Joined

pripri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

I made enquiries in the West Midlands as I live here and the fee isn't much different at all!! I don't think it matters where you are, its a business opp for all the Dr's around the country!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

nicci1973 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We went to Northampton, Langham Place - Family of 4, (3x xrays, as youngest didn't need one) Total cost was £800

Good Luck
Nicci
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

There is a docs in Upminster which is round the corner from us but they were actually more expensive than Harley Street. I'm afraid you're probably just going to have to bite the bullet. Just think its all for the greater good of getting out there!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tempest
There is a docs in Upminster which is round the corner from us but they were actually more expensive than Harley Street. I'm afraid you're probably just going to have to bite the bullet. Just think its all for the greater good of getting out there!
thanks, yeah...will have to just cough up! wil have to wait till next year to buy the ski boots!!

cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:24 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

thanks, yeah...will have to just cough up! wil have to wait till next year to buy the ski boots!!

cheers
Hi Lewis,

I was quoted 247 pounds by the practice at Knightbridge last week. You should give them a call. The price includes x-ray and courier service. Good luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in London and found that the cheapest and closest to us was the one in Thornton Heath, Surrey, near Croydon. We were there last week and happy with the service. Cost, Xray =£50 each and 4 Meds = £420.00 for 2 Adults and 1x 3 year old and 1x 2 year old. I hope this helps.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sgbolt
We live in London and found that the cheapest and closest to us was the one in Thornton Heath, Surrey, near Croydon. We were there last week and happy with the service. Cost, Xray =£50 each and 4 Meds = £420.00 for 2 Adults and 1x 3 year old and 1x 2 year old. I hope this helps.

thanks guys, really helpful.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

...will have to just cough!...
Ewww, that just brought back a particular memory from the medical!

Getting back on topic though, from what I can recall, what you have been quoted is not wide of the mark. We got ours done in Slough.

Eamonn.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

We had ours done in Slough too, Dr. Alun Jones, he was great! He sends all the paperwork off pretty promptly too.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

andybeavan is an unknown quantity at this point

just paid £190 for everything nr Manchester in Altrincham. It is cheaper up north and the doctor told me that people travelled up from London to undertake the examination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.