Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Landing at St Stephen, NB - Advice Please

PR Landing at St Stephen, NB - Advice Please

Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

taylor26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR Landing at St Stephen, NB - Advice Please

Going to St Stephen in a couple of weeks also to complete my PR.

I have been before when I went to update and get a new work permit.

My question is , my wife and I are wanting to enter the states to go shopping etc for a couple of nights. And then do the process on the way back in.

Could I do the same process as you and when complete ,turn around and enter again or just do it on the way back.....just not sure what is best.

Anybody else entered St Stephen?
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Landing at St Stephen, NB

Originally Posted by taylor26
Could I do the same process as you and when complete ,turn around and enter again or just do it on the way back.....just not sure what is best.
I suppose you could do either, but why not just do it on the way back? Either way you'd need to hand over the usual $6 US a head for the overnight visit and I can imagine that the US border official might be a bit puzzled as to why s/he had to deal with you twice in the space of an hour or so. It's not good to piss off a US Border Guard.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Landing at St Stephen, NB

Hi
The US Border guys were fine with us, we told them we would have liked to go shopping, but no funds that time, that we were just doing the landing. I don't think telling them that you are going shopping, and doing your landing on the way back is going to be an issue, people do this all the time, so they are used to it. And the Canadian Border guys were great with us, as we had a zillion work permits between us, they could see how long our struggle had been. Good Luck.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Landing at St Stephen, NB - Advice Please

Originally Posted by taylor26
Going to St Stephen in a couple of weeks also to complete my PR.

I have been before when I went to update and get a new work permit.

My question is , my wife and I are wanting to enter the states to go shopping etc for a couple of nights. And then do the process on the way back in.

Anybody else entered St Stephen?

I have moved your post (and responses) to a thread of your own - it's always better to start your own thread rather than tagging onto somebody else's - that way you get relevant responses to your questions.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 18th 2013 at 10:20 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I have moved your post (and responses) to a thread of your own - it's always better to start your own thread rather than tagging onto somebody else's - that way you get relevant responses to your questions.

Hi Siouxie, I began this thread, and got a reply, so merely replied to it. I am not sure why you would now move it. I assume the responder was wanting some feedback on going through St Stephen, NB. Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2013, 10:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ziggy1642
Hi Siouxie, I began this thread, and got a reply, so merely replied to it. I am not sure why you would now move it. I assume the responder was wanting some feedback on going through St Stephen, NB. Thanks
You started the original thread reporting on your experience of going to St. Stephen NB to land, in April. That thread is still there.

I moved this part of that thread because taylor26 resurrected your old thread and asked a question about landing at St. Stephens. It belongs in the Immigration forum because they are asking a question about landing (future). Yours belonged in the Canada forum because you were commenting on when you landed (past).

I would remind you of Site Rule 15 and ask if you have a further comment to make you do so through private pm.

Thank you.