PR interview within Canada

Old Jan 14th 2002, 7:59 pm
Mhw

Hi, Well, I have my PR interview next month in Ottawa. I applied as a spouse of a
Canadian citizen from within Canada. I put in my application last March & now have
the interview. I wanted to know what can I expect at the interview. With the letter I
received it said to bring my passport, all original supporting documents I submitted
in my application & any Canadian ID(like OHIP card & the sort). In the letter, it
said nothing about bringing more documents supporting the fact that my
marriage/relationship is true. It didnt even say my husband(sponsor) needed to be
present. Should he be there just in case? Should I bring in more photos of my husband
& I, or copies of bills, or anything showing my marriage is true? Also, is it common,
that you only have the ONE interview? So in other words, is it common they give the
"right of landing" papers out at the first interview? Everything has been handed in,
all fees paid, security checks done, everything is in order, it's just the interview
now. Any personal experiences appreciated about what kind of questions I should
expect & any other documents (besides what Ive mentioned above)you think I should
bring. Any input appreciated! I just want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 8:12 pm
Andrew Miller

It looks like you will get your papers and undergo landing process that day.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 15th 2002, 4:22 am
Mhw

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
Great! Thanks for the quick reply. One silly question though, pardon my ignorance,
but when you say "undergo landing process that day"...do you mean I receive &
complete my residency in full that day & have no further contact with immigration? Or
do you mean that I undergo the first of a few interviews with immigration for gaining
my residency? Which is most likely to happen? I do understand it's impossible for you
to know really. I just would like to know your opinion based on your knowledge. I
just don't wanna go getting my hopes up that all my PR and immigration dealings will
be over next month, when it may not be. Thanks.

Also, should I take any photos/documents supporting my marriage? And what type of
questions should I expect at the interview?

Thankyou again.

Old Jan 15th 2002, 5:18 am
Andrew Miller

in message

[usenetquote2]> > It looks like you will get your papers and undergo landing process that[/usenetquote2]
day.
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 19th 2002, 8:12 pm
W. Regaudie

Relax!

Your sponsor (and any dependants and their passports you have) should be with you.
You shouldn't have an OHIP card yet (if you do, please let me know how you got
it!!!!). You may want to bring your marriage certificate with you as well, just in
case. then ... RELAX! You'll likely be landed If you havn't already paid your
$975, bring it with you (money order or major credit card).

WR

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >