Wikiposts

PR - A few questions

Old Oct 16th 2018, 8:27 am
Just Joined

jm_5671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR - A few questions

Hi guys,

Hoping you can help with this. I'm a 30 year old British male, 10 months into my 2 year IEC VISA. I'd like to stay in Canada and I'm making plans to apply for PR in the new year. One of the reasons I'm waiting until the new year is so I can put '1 year of canadian work experience' on my application to get more points.

I'm just about to go into my 3rd job here (IT contracts always seem to be temporary) and as such I've had a periods of downtime inbetween jobs. Will it matter that I've had a period of say 6-8 weeks (in total) out of work this year? My concern is that when I apply for PR in January that it won't be considered a full year of work experience. Should I just wait till February to be sure?

Also, as mentioned, all of my jobs have been temporary contracts, will this have an affect at all? I'm not sure if the govt prefers candidates who are in full time permanent employment?
Old Oct 16th 2018, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR - A few questions

Definition of 1 year skilled work experience

Your experience must be at least:
  • One year of full-time work
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), or
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification, skilled work experience means:
  • Managerial jobs (skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill type A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
You must show that you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the National Occupational Classification. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nce-class.html