PR cards photos returned

Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

julietaba is on a distinguished road
Default PR cards photos returned

Hi

Just a quick question, I'd be grateful if anyone can help!

We landed in February and gave a friends address for our PR cards to be sent to as we returned to the UK 2 weeks later. At the beginning of this week our friends said our photos have been returned as the photos are not acceptable. The only difference we can figure is that we don't have the date stamped on the back of the photos, which I am sure wasn't asked for when we submitted the photos! At our local Snappy Snaps, they have taken the photos to the correct size and hand written the date on the back with the address of the shop as they don't have an 'official' stamp. Does anyone know if this will be ok?

Thanks a lot
Julie
Old Sep 28th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR cards photos returned

Hi Julietaba,

What happened with your photos ?

Did you find out why they were rejected ?

I'm applying for PR spousal sponsorship and the photo specification sheet doesn't say that anything needs to be written or stamped on the back of the photos - although this does seem a bit strange to me. I got my 8 done at a local photographers yesterday but, now I've measured my face and it measures 35mm from chin to crown so I'm going back to the shop today to see if they'll redo them, as I did show the photographer the measurement sheet before he took them. I also asked him about a stamp on the back but he said I only needed that for passport photos, but I don't see how he could know that - he just didn't want to stamp them for me !

Any info would be gratefully received
Old Sep 28th 2013, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Should I submit passport photos with my PR card application?
No, the photos for your permanent resident card are not the same as a passport photo.

The photos for your permanent resident (PR) card must meet a number of conditions. You can find the specifications for permanent resident card photos in the guide on applying for a PR card. You can also print the Photograph Specifications (PDF, 989 KB) and take this sheet with you to the photographer.

If you send us photographs that do not meet these requirements, we will return your application to you.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...asp?q=062&t=10
Old Sep 28th 2013, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

ok, thanks - photo shop re-did them for me to the correct size and I'll just write the date on the back
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:50 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

damn - hope ours are ok - we also just sent them as the spec sheet didn't say anything about putting something on the back.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=AnneMarieC;10923041]damn - hope ours are ok - we also just sent them as the spec sheet didn't say anything about putting something on the back.[/Q

I know - there's so much contradictory info, you start doubting yourself !