PR Card timescales

Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of
Default Re: PR Card timescales

Originally Posted by Scotjames
CIC just extended PR card waiting again 'shock horror'
Now at 48 days ( business days ) for new card applications
and 154 days ( calendar days ) for replacement cards
Thinking of having ago at making my own card at this rate
What would be funny is when the initial card takes more than 1825 days (5 years!) to be processed...
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Juliet C
Hi

We landed 26th June, still not received ours yet yet my two year old daughter who traveled with us and apparently had a query on her card has arrived.

Have phoned again today, told they emailed processing department on 20th Sept (when I last phoned) will take a month for processing to reply to themn I can then have an update :curse:

My hubby needs to travel to the states early Nov, beginning to panic, anyone know what the procedure will be for him, he will probably boat over to Seattle then fly from there to where he needs to go in Pennsylvania if possible.

Juliet
Hi Juliet - can you tell me where to find the phone no. please- am sure its really obvious (when you know where to look!) but I can't find one!!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my PR card through the post.
Landed on the 31st of July 2011.
Took its time
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RKS_in_Calgary
Hi Juliet - can you tell me where to find the phone no. please- am sure its really obvious (when you know where to look!) but I can't find one!!
Hi

1-888 242 2100 option 1 then 2 then 0,you then go on hold for anything between 5 - 20 minutes then you will get an adviser, thurs/fri are supposed to be the best time to ring as its the quietest.

Some of the advisers are much more helpful than others!!

Good luck
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Juliet C
Hi

1-888 242 2100 option 1 then 2 then 0,you then go on hold for anything between 5 - 20 minutes then you will get an adviser, thurs/fri are supposed to be the best time to ring as its the quietest.

Some of the advisers are much more helpful than others!!

Good luck
great, thanks for that
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Landed August 1st still waiting on card.

Was so relieved to have landed and got my Sin card totally forgot about PR card. Probably going to have to travel in January so hopefully it comes through by then!

Is it worth chasing it up or it will come when it comes do you guys think?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:05 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Landed August 1st still waiting on card.

Was so relieved to have landed and got my Sin card totally forgot about PR card. Probably going to have to travel in January so hopefully it comes through by then!

Is it worth chasing it up or it will come when it comes do you guys think?

Was 48 working days + mail, so about 10.5 weeks after landing. Today changed to 41 working days.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:07 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I just rang as we landed on 25h Aug and I am off to LA on 18th Oct. He said my card. Is due to arrive mid Nov and that once inLA I need to go to visa office to get a permit to travel to return to Canada! Stupid thing is I have driven over border twice and back with no probs!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road

Could it be CIC have been reading this thread !

Processing Times: Permanent Resident Card

This information is updated weekly and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

Last update: October 5, 2011

Type of application Processing Times
New permanent residents
41 business days*

(This time applies if you have provided a mailing address)
Existing permanent residents
renewals
replacement
initial cards
151 calendar days

If you require your PR card urgently, please follow these instructions.

(Working on applications received up to May 30, 2011)
Note: If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre. Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case.

*The processing time to receive the new PR card is shown in business days. This means it does not include weekends or holidays.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I just rang as we landed on 25h Aug and I am off to LA on 18th Oct. He said my card. Is due to arrive mid Nov and that once inLA I need to go to visa office to get a permit to travel to return to Canada! Stupid thing is I have driven over border twice and back with no probs!
You are not required to have a PR card when you drive across the border in a private car.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bewillow
You are not required to have a PR card when you drive across the border in a private car.
I am aware that it is possible to drive over the border without the card but was under the impression that it was a bit of a faf and not worth the effort. Interested in your thoughts. We would be going through Peach Arch border.
Thanks guys

Lns
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Well I landed on 3rd March and still haven't got mine! Once we moved to NS permanently in August I contacted CIC to advise them and they posted me the Solumn Declaration Form (it took 2 weeks in the post to arrive) which I then had to fax back by this weekend (otherwise my 6 months would have expired - the time in which to report any problem). It would have been $50 to get a 'new' card after this time.

So fingers crossed they can now post be a duplicate card.

A couple of questions - has anyone experienced this and how long did it take for the duplicate/replacement card to arrive (I think I'll call them and ask them this anyhow).

Also, I may have to travel to the US on business in the very near future. Assuming I don't yet have my PR Card (but I do have the Confirmation of Permanent Residency doc) will I encounter any problems either leaving or re-entering Canada using just the doc?

Thanks,
Chobert
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I am aware that it is possible to drive over the border without the card but was under the impression that it was a bit of a faf and not worth the effort. Interested in your thoughts. We would be going through Peach Arch border.
I doubt you will have any problem. They can look up your records in FOSS. And you will have your passport with PR visa in it.

Unrelated but fun: my wife has a PR card and usually presents only that when reentering Canada by road. She has never had to show her passport.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:00 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

SO - I am off to LA on Tuesday til saturday - my PR card is yet to arrive - due in November (first one not a renewal).

I rang CIC as stated earlier - they said I need to go ot CIC in LA and get a permit to travel to return back to canada - pfft an only there for 3 days dont really want to spend my time arseing around in the visa office!

Just tried ringing LA cic - OH no no no no no, you cant talk to any one there - so i have emailed them . . . . .this is the response:
We have received your email to the Consulate General of Canada's
Immigration Section in Los Angeles and will review it shortly. Please
note: if the information requested is available on our websites
(www.losangeles.gc.ca or www.cic.gc.ca), or your application is still
within standard processing times
(www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp"http://www.cic.gc.ca/en
glish/information/times/index.asp), we will not provide a response to your
message.

Fantastic - so lok again on website - processing time for a PRTD - 3 months!! WTF!! thats the same time as the PR card issue !
and $75
now what do it do??
I asked in my email how long and how much - so they will probably not answer me - but that was for people with expired, lost or stolen PR cards - mine isnt - its just not here yet!

So am going any way and we shall see what happens on my return - or not return - wish me luck!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Worst case, remember that you do not need a PR card to cross the border in a private car. So you can fly to Seattle and have somebody pick you up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.