PR Card Status

Old Feb 20th 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough
Default PR Card Status

Hi folks,

I was wondering how can i track down my PR Card status. Is there any link available?

I have tried my e-client status, but I have no access to that anymore! I don't know if it's because we have completed our immigration proccess and landed or what?

Thanks

Last edited by Raska; Feb 20th 2005 at 3:34 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Card Status

Originally Posted by Raska
Hi folks,

I was wondering how can i track down my PR Card status. Is there any link available?

I have tried my e-client status, but I have no access to that anymore! I don't know if it's because we have completed our immigration proccess and landed or what?

Thanks
I have no idea... Mine arrived 3 weeks after landing. I landed Jan 11th and can still log in to e-client with either file number, client number, IM5292 number or PR card number. Just get to the same page that says "complete" and there is no way to check PR card status. I think you can just call CIC if it's been longer than 40 days
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny
I have no idea... Mine arrived 3 weeks after landing. I landed Jan 11th and can still log in to e-client with either file number, client number, IM5292 number or PR card number. Just get to the same page that says "complete" and there is no way to check PR card status. I think you can just call CIC if it's been longer than 40 days

BUT mine never showed complete. Up to 2 days ago it was showing, the same old message like before our landing "Decision Made" and after landing was showing the same, till suddenly it stopped and now we have no access to information anymore. I dont understand what it means.

Is there anybody here who can put some light on this.

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BUT mine never showed complete. Up to 2 days ago it was showing, the same old message like before our landing "Decision Made" and after landing was showing the same, till suddenly it stopped and now we have no access to information anymore. I dont understand what it means.

Is there anybody here who can put some light on this.

Thanks
Who cares, screw e-client! You landed, and you're here, that's all that matters. As for the PR card, if it's been more than the recommended 40 days since you applied for it, then call CIC on 1 800 255-4541 and find out what's going on. When did you land?

Last edited by Jonny; Feb 21st 2005 at 1:45 am.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonny
Who cares, screw e-client! You landed, and you're here, that's all that matters. As for the PR card, if it's been more than the recommended 40 days since you applied for it, then call CIC on 1 800 255-4541 and find out what's going on. When did you land?

We landed on Feb. 14 Since we are going to depart Canada on Mar.14, do you think if there is a way to speed up the PR Card issuance?
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

We landed on Feb. 14 Since we are going to depart Canada on Mar.14, do you think if there is a way to speed up the PR Card issuance?
No idea, call them and ask... but I would suspect the cards would get to you a week or a few days before you leave anyway. I don't know where you are planning on going but you can always apply for a Travel Document ($50 a pop) from the nearest Canadian Embassy at your destination if you are that concerned. This will get you back on a flight to Canada.

Also, I've heard that if you are driving across to the USA then this is not necessary as they will accept the IMM5292 receipt in your passport as proof of PR status. And I've also heard that some airlines (Air Canada possibly) will also accept the IMM5292 as proof of PR status. The only reason you need the PR card is to get a commerical carrier to accept you on their flight.

But check this out as I'm no immigration expert...