Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Card renewal/ proof of status Q

PR Card renewal/ proof of status Q

Old Jun 30th 2015, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default PR Card renewal/ proof of status Q

Hi folks,
So, I'm about to lose my mind.
Our PR expires in August, so we had applied for card renewal. In the interim, had booked for the three kids to go back to the UK for a holiday to visit grandparents before school starts up again in September, so we applied for urgent card processing for them.
Today NS sent back their urgent renewal applications, as they did not contain the required supplementary identification (no idea where or when we had Imm 1000 or 5292 - if that was the one stapled inside our passports, it was removed by an immigration officer on the way in at some point in the interim as he said we didn't need it any more, and he destroyed it. We had no idea we needed it for renewal or citizenship. Why do they not tell you this? )
So. To get a VOS takes 6 months. And we would need a VOS to replace the IMM forms. And to apply for VOS I need to explain what happened to my IMM forms. With a police report if believed stolen...
My children are children and don't file taxes, hold a driving license or attend university, so don't have any of the other potential supplementary identification that could be offered up in place of the IMM whatever it is.

Does anyone have any idea at all how on earth my children can get back into the country, as their PR cards will be valid on the way out, but not on the way back, and they are traveling unaccompanied? Clearly I don't want them to get held up at the border, as they will be absolutely terrified (and also, really, I can't ship the, to grandma's forever, they are due back at school...)

They can't even apply for a travel document outside the UK for expired PR as you need exactly the same set of documents.

<weeps>

I really really really thought that PR was the end of the bureaucracy, and here we are 5 years later in the absolute depths of despair wondering what to do next that doesn't involve at least another seven months of paperwork when my kids have flights booked in August. Gah.

Any ideas?

Or did I spend $4000 on flights they can't use?

Thanks...
Old Jun 30th 2015, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PR Card renewal/ proof of status Q

Ok - found the sticky and am hoping the lovely JAJ has my get out of jail free card - they are booked with Air Canada... Are we golden? Will himself and I get dragged to immigration at the airport when the kids arrive back here and give us a good shooing before we are allowed to bring them home?....