Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Card, Money & Landing Questions

PR Card, Money & Landing Questions

Old May 14th 2003, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

frazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card, Money & Landing Questions

Hi all,

Thanks to all the members in this NG for exchanging valuable information.

I would be travelling to Toronto on August 3rd as an immigrant from India. I have some queries regarding the following -

PR Card -
1. How long does it take to get the PR Card after applying from Mississauga? please quantify in number of days
2. What photograph size is required for the PR Card, so that I can carry one along with me?

Money -
1. Would a statement from an international bank (Citibank) suffice to satisfy the immigration officer that I have enough funds? The money would be in an account and I have an International ATM Cum Debit Card, which in other words would mean that I can withdraw the money anytime I want in Canada.
2. I have read that CAN 12,000 is the money required for one person - is it correct?

Landing Questions -
1. What are the usual landing questions that I would face from the immigration and customs officals?
2. I have read that I have to fill up a form wherein I have to declare what goods I have brought along and other goods that would follow. Where do I get the form beforehand (any website)?

Any small information to any/all of the queries above would highly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to you all.
Frazer Smith

Last edited by frazer; May 16th 2003 at 12:22 pm.
Old May 23rd 2003, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Hey guys, this NG has been very helpful to all who seek advise. But, nobody has responded to my queries so far.

Did I ask something wrong. Waiting for responses in this regard.

Thank you in advance.

Frazer
Old May 28th 2003, 1:43 am
Just Joined

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point

I landed a few months ago.
For proof of funds, I produced my last 3 bank statements from an American bank and that was sufficient.
I think in the PR application they require $15,000 per person. The more you can show the better coz you never know whether the immigration officer you come across will be difficult or not. Just to be on the safe side, you could get a bank draft in Canadian dollars and use that to open an account when you get to Canada.

As far as questions go. There is really nothing to worry about. Just make sure you don't get too nervous and forget your last name or something like that. If possible, have a Canadian address that you can provide to them when they ask where you intend to stay in the immediate future.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Trevor for your information.

Can the others too throw light please. Waiting in anticpation for your valuable information on the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Frazer