PR card lost CanadaPost/Royalmail

Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:11 pm
Banned

comingsoon123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR card lost CanadaPost/Royalmail

I was returned back to UK within a month after landing in Canada and requested my friend to post my PR card to UK once he received in post at his Canada’s home address.
As per the plan my friend has posted the PR card via ‘Canada Post regular signed delivery’ to UK and provided me the tracking number but unfortunately its almost 3 weeks now I haven’t received anything yet at home in UK :-(
There are no updates on Canada post tracking since 5th of June and only shows “GBLALA,International shipment has arrived in a foreign country”

I have contacted Royalmail they saying they cant help and I need to chase Canada Post for any update/tracking.
Canada Post is saying letter was supposed to deliver within 10 days even though in my case it has taken almost 3 weeks with no updates but still they cant do any investigation until the end of 4 weeks!!

Now I dont know what to do what are my options going forward..

Has anyone faced such awkward situation before??? What you think my PR card has been lost in the mail :-(?
Or is it seized by RoyalMail :-( ?
Or its just a matter of delayed delivery and hopefully my card will arrive anytime soon ?

Last edited by comingsoon123; Jun 15th 2012 at 3:31 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card lost CanadaPost/Royalmail

3 weeks isn't a long time in the world of Canada Post, so don't give up just yet, it might still be on its way.

it turns up soon.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:25 pm
Banned

Considering its left Canada already and RoyalMail is the new incharge they should have delivered by this time now (over 2 weeks).

My tracking say “GBLALA,International shipment has arrived in a foreign country”

I know RoyalMail are really efficient, and that is what making me worried that God forbid something bad has happened with my card thats why it hasnt arrived yet :-(
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comingsoon123
Considering its left Canada already and RoyalMail is the new incharge they should have delivered by this time now (over 2 weeks).

My tracking say “GBLALA,International shipment has arrived in a foreign country”

I know RoyalMail are really efficient, and that is what making me worried that God forbid something bad has happened with my card thats why it hasnt arrived yet :-(
3 weeks is quite quick for CP though, so don't worry just yet.

You can always get a replacement card if it really has gone missing, but next time just leave it in Canada and pick it up in person rather than risking the post, or send it via courier instead!

Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:34 pm
Banned

Canada Post has done their job by delivering the letter to UK..I think its down to RoyalMail now how and when they deliver...the reason I'm upset because usually RoyalMail takes only 2-3 days to deliver anywhere within UK and I don't know what stopping them now what they have been doing since last 2 weeks
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Canada Post has done their job by delivering the letter to UK..I think its down to RoyalMail now how and when they deliver...the reason I'm upset because usually RoyalMail takes only 2-3 days to deliver anywhere within UK and I don't know what stopping them now what they have been doing since last 2 weeks
CP have told you they've delivered to the UK - that's not the same thing as them having done so!

Customs maybe? That's the only other thing I can think of.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
CP have told you they've delivered to the UK - that's not the same thing as them having done so!

Customs maybe? That's the only other thing I can think of.
Sure blame Customs everyone else does
The tracking system used by Canada Post or the Royal Mail sadly lacks in comparison to UPS or Fedex.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:12 pm
Banned

Do you think its been seized by the customs? its just a PR card in the envelope why would they do this?

I know sending passports through post are illegal but PR card should be alright
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Do you think its been seized by the customs? its just a PR card in the envelope why would they do this?

I think it's unlikely. I suspect it's still on its way to you, and the Canada Post tracking is just rubbish as usual.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 10:26 am
Just Joined

ChristRules is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Comingsoon123, I am having a similar problem as u had in june 2012. my PR card was sent on feb 28 and since then the tracking has consistently been 'item in a foreign country since feb28.
Please kindly tell me how you resolved yours
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:49 pm
PR since Aug 2013

HoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to behold

Hi Comingsoon123,
I'm afraid our experience with CanadaPost wasn't successful. When our original AINP nomination was posted by our relative in Canada to us here in London it got all the way to our borough and although the tracking system said it was here it didn't say which post office. We tried all post offices in the area and in the end it was returned to Calgary a few weeks later (thankfully there was a return address). We tried again via fedex and got it in a matter of days.
But the others who have responded are right. CanadaPost does take a few weeks and they aren't as quick as RoyalMail.
Good luck.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

After what I've read on here I was a little concerned when my contact in Calgary - where I had my family's PR cards sent - forwarded them on to me here in the UK via CanadaPost's "International Letter Post" service, which is tracked. I had hoped he'd send it by courier, but the courier charge was $75 and CanadaPost's was $25.

I was able to track it within Canada, and I could see when it left Canada, and when it arrived in "a foreign country". It had arrived in the UK 2 days after it had been posted in Calgary - so far so good. It was actually delivered to me by my Royal Mail postman on Day 3. It came through my letter box, I didn't have to sign for it, and as far as the tracking is concerned, it still says "arrived in a foreign country", and it was delivered here yesterday.
So I have had a positive experience, just to balance out some of the negative experiences, but I would still be nervous about sending stuff internationally by CanadaPost, and their tracking once an item leaves Canada is pants.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:28 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Armed with your tracking number try calling up Royal Mail customer services and hammer away at the system until you finally speak to a human (Good luck with that!)... when you finally do get through to someone, you'll likely discover that often they have access to more tracking information that Joe public does online.

They may be actually able to see where the package is within the UK.

Our COPR's went missing for weeks when they were posted by by CIC in London - Royal Mail 'Signed for'. Normal non signed for mail normally took 3-5 days. The person I finally spoke with at Royal Mail (UK) was able to tell me that our package was languishing at a local delivery depot in the Algarve, Portugal. We drove around there and signed for it. When we picked it up it was about 4 days away from being automatically returned to the UK as non-deliverable
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:42 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Just in casE someone reads this and gets the wrong idea , it is not illegal to send a BRITISH passport through the mail , international or not

Other passport issuing authorities may have different laws