PR Card - how long after landing?

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice
Default Re: PR Card - how long after landing?

Yeah it took me many attempts to get through, it just kept disconnecting. It got to the point where I knew the menu options off by heart.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

davef81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by listener
Hi guys,

When I landed at Toronto I was told my PR card should arrive in the post in 5 weeks. It's been 7.5 weeks now and I'm a little concerned there's no sign of it.

Should I be worried or wait it out a bit longer? I'm back in the UK now and paranoia has set in that something has gone wrong e.g. they don't like the fact I only landed for a short time and am not staying there right now.

Any info/advice much appreciated.
It took nearly 4 months to get my PR card. It was supposed to only take 4-6 weeks.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:33 am
Just Joined

redbul is an unknown quantity at this point

i have landed on may the 31st. when should I expect of receiving the card?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anewPR
landed 20th May, the IO informed us it could take upto 12 weeks for the PR card to arrive. Seems that CIC is having problems with their photo scanning equipment.
Nothing to do but wait.
@ anewPR did u receive the card yet?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by redbul
i have landed on may the 31st. when should I expect of receiving the card?
Looks like it currently stands at 161 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...in.asp#pr_card
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:47 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

We landed on the 9th May, four arrived today, just waiting on the fifth!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by davef81
Looks like it currently stands at 161 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...in.asp#pr_card
its not for newly arrivals
Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:04 am
Just Joined

its not for newly arrivals
I landed on 16th December 2009, my PR card arrived in mid-May. They have a massive backlog, which is affecting new arrivals too.

Check the FAQ: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...card-faq02.asp

Please note: The PR card processing centre is experiencing higher than usual processing times. For up–to–date information, visit Check how long it may take to process my case in the I Need to… section on the right-hand side of this page. Then select Applications Processed in Canada to get the latest information on PR card processing times.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

active81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clematis
We landed on the 9th May, four arrived today, just waiting on the fifth!
I arrived with my family on 17th may, still have not received the PR cards. If anybody who arrived on the dates nearest to this one please let us now if they have received the PR cards or not.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by active81
I arrived with my family on 17th may, still have not received the PR cards. If anybody who arrived on the dates nearest to this one please let us now if they have received the PR cards or not.
I landed on May the 31st....still did not receive it. Called CIC on the 30th ...i was told that they havent mailed it yet and it is still in process. They also set up an investigation.....as it should have been mailed within 30 days. I suggest you to do the same.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

micknev is an unknown quantity at this point

I landed on May the 31st....still did not receive it. Called CIC on the 30th ...i was told that they havent mailed it yet and it is still in process. They also set up an investigation.....as it should have been mailed within 30 days. I suggest you to do the same.
Landed with partner 21/04/2010,she received her PR card 2 weeks ago,im still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to ring them me thinks
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

active81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I called them on the 17th of June exactly one month after we landed and they set up the investigation from that day but after so many days I still get the same reply that it is still in the process and will get them soon.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

I called them on the 17th of June exactly one month after we landed and they set up the investigation from that day but after so many days I still get the same reply that it is still in the process and will get them soon.
Mine took around 5 months to come through. It's due to a massive backlog. If you require it urgently and have the requirement to travel (i.e. you have plane tickets), you can usually get it processed within 48 hours.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

A buddy of mine landed on may the 3rd and received his pr two weeks ago- exactly one and half months from the day of landing. cross your fingers you just might receive it any day. Update us once you do!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

I landed 20th May 2010, I received both mine and my sons PR cards today, 6th July 2010.

Six and a half weeks seems the average right now, from what I have read here and in other forums, so mine was average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.