Wikiposts

PR Card Advice

Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all
Default PR Card Advice

Hello everyone, well after much searching and calling of numbers that did not exist, I finally managed to contact the cic call center from the US and spoke to a real live person!!! He told me that my card had been mailed on Nov. 8th to the address in Canada. Surprise, surprise, we never recieved it...he now has to send me a solemn declaration that I have to sign, return, etc, etc. My question is this..would it be feasible for us just to fly to Toronto and pick up a card in person? Can we do this? We are going to Vancouver in Feb for 2 weeks to look at property, jobs, ect, so could we just do everything from there? Any help/advice would be appreciated..

ps. if anyone needs the number, drop me a private message...

Tracey
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:56 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Advice

Hi

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
Hello everyone, well after much searching and calling of numbers that did not exist, I finally managed to contact the cic call center from the US and spoke to a real live person!!! He told me that my card had been mailed on Nov. 8th to the address in Canada. Surprise, surprise, we never recieved it...he now has to send me a solemn declaration that I have to sign, return, etc, etc. My question is this..would it be feasible for us just to fly to Toronto and pick up a card in person? Can we do this? We are going to Vancouver in Feb for 2 weeks to look at property, jobs, ect, so could we just do everything from there? Any help/advice would be appreciated..

ps. if anyone needs the number, drop me a private message...

Tracey
Not really since if the card has gone missing you will have to attend a CIC get the picture taken, then the card will be processed in Sydney and then you will have to probably return to the CIC to pick it up a month or so later.

PMM
Old Dec 7th 2005, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Not really since if the card has gone missing you will have to attend a CIC get the picture taken, then the card will be processed in Sydney and then you will have to probably return to the CIC to pick it up a month or so later.

PMM
Don't they just reissue the card with the same picture? This is turning out to be far more complicated than I envisioned...my next question - do we even really need the card right now? We are not planning on moving to Canada permanently until Sep of next year. We had to go ahead and land as our visas would have expired. We both have US citizeship so could enter Canada without the card, right? Could we just wait until we move for good and then reapply? Is it common for the mail service to "lose" mail like this? The more I think about it, the more it seems weird that the card was mailed out on Nov. 8th as we didn't land until Oct. 26th - that seems like an awfully fast process...anyone else with the same problem?

Tracey
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
Don't they just reissue the card with the same picture? This is turning out to be far more complicated than I envisioned...my next question - do we even really need the card right now? We are not planning on moving to Canada permanently until Sep of next year. We had to go ahead and land as our visas would have expired. We both have US citizeship so could enter Canada without the card, right? Could we just wait until we move for good and then reapply? Is it common for the mail service to "lose" mail like this? The more I think about it, the more it seems weird that the card was mailed out on Nov. 8th as we didn't land until Oct. 26th - that seems like an awfully fast process...anyone else with the same problem?

Tracey
So, I called up the cic call center again and asked if it were really possible that my card was mailed out on Nov. 8th as we didn't land until Oct. 26th (seems very fast to me). The lady checked again and said that yes, the info was correct. She then checked on my husband's card, which wasn't mailed out until the 26th Nov.!! There is still hope that we may receive his in the mail...

Tracey