Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR of Canada working in US with H1B ASAP Pls!!

PR of Canada working in US with H1B ASAP Pls!!

Old Jun 13th 2002, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

supertutor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR of Canada working in US with H1B ASAP Pls!!

Hello
I am PR since 9 months . I have an address , bank account . And I even worked 2 months in Ottawa now I lost my job and I want to go back to my job in the US. Is it ok if I re-enter Canada every six months and keep my status? Would the immigration cause a problem when I enter Canada by car since I work in the US?
Can I continue working in the US 3 years by re-entering every 6 months ?
Somebody told me that establishing roots in Canada is good I am planning to get marry and sponsor my wife but in this case she will stay with me in US
Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2002, 9:20 pm
Webimmigration.

Default Re: PR of Canada working in US with H1B ASAP Pls!!

Hi:

The new law requires a permanent resident to be present in Canada for at least 730
days in every-five year period.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"supertutor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello I am PR since 9 months . I have an address , bank account . And I even worked
    > 2 months in Ottawa now I lost my job and I want to go back to my job in the US. Is
    > it ok if I re-enter Canada every six months and keep my status? Would the
    > immigration cause a problem when I enter Canada by car since I work in the US? Can
    > I continue working in the US 3 years by re-entering every 6 months ? Somebody told
    > me that establishing roots in Canada is good I am planning to get marry and sponsor
    > my wife but in this case she will stay with me in US Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 20th 2002, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

So If I live in Windsor can go to job to US every day and weekends in Canada and if I also spend some of the summers I ll meet this condition , right ?

inally posted by Webimmigration. [/i]
Hi:

The new law requires a permanent resident to be present in Canada for at least 730
days in every-five year period.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

<i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Hello I am PR since 9 months . I have an address , bank account . And I even worked</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> 2 months in Ottawa now I lost my job and I want to go back to my job in the US. Is</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> it ok if I re-enter Canada every six months and keep my status? Would the</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> immigration cause a problem when I enter Canada by car since I work in the US? Can</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> I continue working in the US 3 years by re-entering every 6 months ? Somebody told</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> me that establishing roots in Canada is good I am planning to get marry and sponsor</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> my wife but in this case she will stay with me in US Thanks</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>></font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> --</font></i>
    <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Posted via http://britishexpats.com</font></i>
[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Yes, you'll meet the conditions.

More - if you are leaving Canada to work in US each morning and are coming back to
Canada same day evening then all such days are counted as presence in Canada anyway.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

> So If I live in Windsor can go to job to US every day and weekends in Canada and if
    > I also spend some of the summers I ll meet this condition , right ?
    >
    >
    >
    > inally posted by Webimmigration. Hi:
    >
    > The new law requires a permanent resident to be present in Canada for at least 730
    > days in every-five year period.
    >
    > Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.
    > _____________________
    > Webimmigration.com 225-141 Bannatyne Ave. E. Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3B 0R3 Tel:
    > 1-204-943-3303 Fax: 1-204-943-2625 Email: [email protected] Visit our website
    > at: http://www.webimmigration.com/www.webimmigration.com
    >
    > "supertutor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Hello I am PR since 9 months . I have an address
    > , bank account . And I even worked</font></i>
    > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> 2 months in Ottawa now I lost my job and I want
    > to go back to my job in the US. Is</font></i>
    > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> it ok if I re-enter Canada every six months and
    > keep my status? Would the</font></i> <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>>
    > immigration cause a problem when I enter Canada by car since I work in the US?
    > Can</font></i> <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> I continue working in the US 3
    > years by re-entering every 6 months ? Somebody told</font></i> <i><font size=-2
    > color=darkgreen>> me that establishing roots in Canada is good I am planning to
    > get marry and sponsor</font></i> <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> my wife but
    > in this case she will stay with me in US Thanks</font></i> <i><font size=-2
    > color=darkgreen>></font></i>
    > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>></font></i> <i><font size=-2
    > color=darkgreen>></font></i> <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> --</font></i>
    > <i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> Posted via
    > http://britishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com</font></i>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jun 26th 2002, 6:44 am
Just Joined

What about the new law(730 days in 5 years). I became immigrant before this law. IS it going to effect me ?
Old Jun 26th 2002, 3:20 pm
Stuart Brook

supertutor wrote:
    >
    > What about the new law(730 days in 5 years). I became immigrant before this law. IS
    > it going to effect me ?
    >
    > --

Of course it affects you.