PR Application: Urgent Question!

Old Mar 17th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Ginto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Application: Urgent Question!

Hi everyone!

So I have a few days left now to upload my documents for my final permanent residency application and I realise that I made a mistake in my original Express Entry application!

Under the 'Intended Work in Canada' tile when asked if I have a valid job offer in Canada, I selected 'yes'. I mistook the question as pertaining to job I held at the time in Toronto which I was basing my application on. However, I do not have a job offer for when I (hopefully) receive PR and return to Canada!

So my question is; is this a misunderstanding which is easily rectified or will this be perceived as supplying incorrect/false information with my original application? I've had a friend suggest I bend the truth slightly and write a letter of explanation stating that I did have a valid job offer at the time, but lost out on the offer as my visa ran out and I had to return home to the UK. Or else I'm wondering if I should go by the old adage of honesty being the best policy and simply explain that I misinterpreted the question incorrectly and made a mistake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!😊
Old Mar 17th 2017, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Quiche2329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Application: Urgent Question!

Do. Not. Lie.

I dont have a ton of input other than that..it seems like it wouldn't be a big deal as it wouldn't have an affect on whether you get PR or not. You could just write a letter of explanation stating exactly what you have in your post. It would clear things up.

But seriously not worth telling any lies.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the reply there Quiche2329

Yeah I know what you mean, even if I try to dress it up as a fairly harmless 'white lie' it's still the wrong way to tackle this I'm sure. To be fair, I think I'd be much more concerned if it had of changed my points total, but seeing as how it hasn't it seems that the letter of explanation is probably the way forward.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 18th 2017, 12:08 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginto
I've had a friend suggest I bend the truth slightly and write a letter of explanation stating that I did have a valid job offer at the time, but lost out on the offer as my visa ran out and I had to return home to the UK.
So if you get asked to provide evidence of this, how would you do that?
Old Mar 18th 2017, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Yeah good point, cheers Aviator! Would you advise just explaining that I made a mistake in my letter of explanation or would there be any other course of action you think I should take?
Old Mar 18th 2017, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem you will have is that "valid job offer" in Express Entry context means having an LMIA or a work permit tied to an employer. 50 or 200 points are allocated for this. Without LMIA you are not entitled to these points and they will be deducted from your CRS score when an agent reviews it. It it brings you below the cutoff for the draw you were selected in, your application will be rejected.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for weighing in on this, bc2015. Yeah I think I might have avoided shooting myself in the foot for this, as after I said that I did have a valid job offer, it asks if a LIMA was carried out which I selected 'no' for.

So after checking my CRS I received a score of 0 under 'arranged employment' so at least my mistake hasn't altered my points total it seems. So I'm hoping if I just send the letter of explanation that'll suffice!
Old Mar 21st 2017, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
The problem you will have is that "valid job offer" in Express Entry context means having an LMIA or a work permit tied to an employer. 50 or 200 points are allocated for this. Without LMIA you are not entitled to these points and they will be deducted from your CRS score when an agent reviews it. It it brings you below the cutoff for the draw you were selected in, your application will be rejected.
+1